Three plays will be selected for the Festival. These plays will receive a week-long (November 13-21) workshop with director, dramaturg and professional actors. The workshop will culminate in a public reading followed by audience response sessions. HotCity artistic staff will then select one script for a fully produced world premiere as part of the company’s 2012 mainstage season.
HotCity Theatre is pleased to welcome back dramaturg Liz Engelman as festival dramaturg for 2011.
Eligible submissions must meet the following criteria:
- Received after January 1, 2011 and no later than April 1, 2011
- Require a maximum of six actors
- Running time of between 75 and 120 minutes
- Never before published
- Never before professionally produced, no pending productions.
Submissions must include:
- One-page cover including plot synopsis, reading/production history
- Cast requirements
- Technical requirements (special or unusual set, lighting, costuming, sound, prop requirements)
- A ten-page sample from the script.
All requested information must be formatted into a SINGLE attached Word Document. Scans or pdfs will not be considered. Do not send entire text.
Submissions should be sent via email to: email@example.com
Approximately 20 plays will be selected as semi-finalists at which time full scripts will be requested. To be selected, playwrights must be able to attend the entire festival and workshop week, which begins on the Sunday prior to the festival weekend. HotCity Theatre offers playwrights travel and lodging for the Festival.