We never post opportunities that require a submission fee. LEARN MORE.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

NYCPlaywrights April Play of the Month: BAREFOOT by Madeline Hester

VIEWER ADVISORY: this video contains some obscene language
 


Thanks to Madeline and cast members Carolyn Paine, Vibe Normann, Alice Anne English and Abe Lebovic for their good work.

Madeline Hester on this play

My inspiration for this play hit me around the time I graduated college. I was burnt out on spending a year working on my thesis and I wanted to write a fun ten minute as a progressive distraction.  I always loved the absurd idea of trying to buy only one shoe.  I like writing about absurd and quirky elements and using those as catalysts to explain real and true emotions.

More information about Madeline and the cast.

Blog Archive