"What do you wear under what you wear?"
Lama is now accepting submissions for two new One Act plays that are inspired by the project’s question. We are open to submissions from both genders but we are interested in plays that address the topic from a woman’s character point of view.
When you submit please keep in mind that Lama encourages artistic exploration, provoking and risk taking writing.
We are looking for one act plays which have not been previously produced in New York. Plays that have received an Equity production, musicals, children’s shows or full-length plays are not accepted.
The chosen two One Act plays will be premièred at Under St. Marks Theater, New York as part of Lama’s Winter Season 2017.
We will assign a director to each play that is chosen. We will also provide the venue, lights, sound and production needs.
Our Mission: Lama means WHY in Hebrew. The Lama Theater Company is a writer/director driven, nonprofit company that continually raises questions and encourages bold new writing and directing. Lama generates new work that explores theatrical, psychological, political and social questions from within the nation and around the world to inspire different points of view and theatrical visions.
November 18th - playwrights submission deadline! December 2nd - announcement of chosen works.
January 26th – February 5th (Thursday – Sunday) Performances at Under St. Marks Theater,
READ BEFORE SUBMITTING:
• Plays that are inspired by this theme are preferred.
• Playwrights can be national or international, but plays must be in English.
• One Act plays should be between 15-55 pages in standard playwright formats.
• Plays should have a moderate sized cast (2-4 characters), although larger casts with
doubling are also possible.
• Only one submission per artist.
• Only submissions by electronic attachment will be accepted, Microsoft Word document
• Submit a BLIND copy of your script (without any personal information on it.)
• E-mail your play to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Include the title of the play and the country you’re submitting from in the subject line.
• Please fill your contact information at our website: http://www.lamatheatercompany.com/one-act-submission
IF YOUR PLAY IS SELECTED, Lama Theater Company will supply the venue, lights, sound, a stage manager, cast and director. We will also provide a video of the production. Playwrights will be charged a $200 fee to help cover some of the production expenses.
Any Questions? Please email us email@example.com and we’ll help you
out! For updates and more information about Lama, join our mailing list or follow us: https://www.facebook.com/lamatheatercompany