Pallas Theatre Collective welcomes submissions of completed, full-length and one act musicals for their 2017 TableRead Series between October 15, 2016 and December 15, 2016. TableRead 2016 will offer creative teams the opportunity to develop, workshop and present new works of musical theatre in collaboration with Pallas’s new musical development team through a series of university and professional readings (usually 3-4), culminating in a professional black-box style production in 2018. Creators are provided a small honorarium and some travel expenses, as well as 10% net box office receipts from the show. For more information and a list of past winners, visit: pallastheatre.org/TableRead.
Only completed projects will be accepted. Semi-finalists will be asked to submit full libretto, full score (generated through music publishing software, no lead sheets), and complete demos at time of request. A short interview with Pallas Artistic leadership will be required of Finalists. Musicals must be unpublished with no prior large-scale production. Proof of rights must be secured by the composers if the musical is based on copyrighted material before submission to TableRead.
TableRead only accepts digital submissions. There is no fee to apply.
Please place all required files in a single folder in a drop site (Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, etc.) and send the folder link to email@example.com. An email will be sent to you to confirm your submission within one week (please do not send emails about confirmation until after one week has passed). Please only include the following materials (incomplete submissions, or those not following guideline:
- Creator contact information & bios
- Story sentence: A one sentence statement of the story & 100 word synopsis
- Cast size, character breakdown, including vocal ranges.
- Development history & a list of attached parties if any (director, MD, actors, agents, current contracts, etc.) NOTE: Pallas Theatre is run by a collective of artists and most work is done ‘in house.’ We may not be able to accommodate all/any attached parties based on the size/scope/timing of the work.
- First 30 pages of libretto only – must start on page 1 and must include title and credits page.
- 6 mp3 demo tracks – must include the show’s first two songs. Songs submitted not in the first 30 script pages must include a brief description including placement in the show and the song’s function in the play.