We are now accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s Monthly Question!
The Monthly Question is a reading series of new and bold writing around Lama’s monthly question that will be performed at The Kraine Theater, NYC.
With the elections results and the upcoming holiday’s season, we were curies to find out… Why Hope?
We're accepting submissions of short plays /Monologues/Poems and songs until Nov 30th, 2016. Then we will choose pieces that address the question differently!
Our Mission: Lama means WHY in Hebrew. Lama generates new work that explores theatrical, psychological, political and social questions from within the nation and around the world to inspire different points of view and theatrical visions.
November 30th - playwrights/poets/song writers submission deadline!
December 5th - announcement of chosen works.
December 12st - performance night at 8:00pm. Casting the actors on the spot at 7:30pm. Location: The Kraine Theater, NYC.
Read before submitting:
- Scripts must be related to our monthly question.
- Our November question: WHY HOPE? What inspires you when you read the question? We are interested in what you are thinking about and how the question might affect the work you do. The questions are open to many interpretations!
- When you submit please keep in mind that Lama encourage artistic exploration, provoking and risk-taking writing.
- Playwrights can be from anywhere, but plays must be in English.
- Short plays are limited to 8 pages in standard playwright formats. (You can submit your 10 pages play but please keep in mind that we might ask you to make a few cuts.)
- Poems/ Monologues are limited to 2 pages.
- Song samples should be mp3 and no more than 3 minutes.
- One submission per artist.
- Only submissions by electronic attachment will be accepted, Microsoft Word document or PDF.
- Submit a BLIND copy of your script (without any personal information on it.) The subject line should include the title of the play and the country you are from.
- E-mail your Script/Song/Poem to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill your contact information at our website: