HGGT is holding their 2017 Carlton E. Spitzer’s Excellence in Playwriting contest. Submissions are now being accepted through December 31, 2016. Click to find out more.
Winner will be notified in June/July 2017. Winner will receive cash award of not less than $500 for the premiere production.
Winner will permit HGGT to perform the play or portions of the play without payment of fee with full credit to playwright in all promotional and printed materials.
HGGT assures entrants their work will not be copied or used in any way other than described herein. HGGT reserves the right to not choose a winning play.
Special submission guidelines for 2017 contest
We are looking specifically for two types of submissions
Short plays or monologues that require few characters and focus on disability issues in business or the workplace.
Short plays or monologues about figures in history that had a disability or dealt with discrimination.
• Each submission must be an original play not yet performed.
• Each must be consistent with the mission of HGGT: To raise public awareness of disability and discrimination in society through dramatizations of real life and fictional experiences.
• Each must include written permission of all living persons portrayed.
• Each must include playwright’s name, address, telephone, and email address and synopsis of the play and characters.
• Each must be sent in Word or similar format. At least 10 minutes in length. Can be a play, one act or monologue.
Please submit each entry to:firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2016.
Click here for more info on the Carlton E. Spitzer’s Excellence in Playwriting contest.