The 2016 Celtic Calling Playwriting Contest was won by Huntington’s ‘Murder and Merriment,' who performed ‘An Irish Wake’ at the Copper Pint Pub during the inaugural festival.
It went so well, we’ve decided to do it again!
Calling all playwrights, storytellers, bards, jesters, minstrels and other like-minded folk!
Celtic Calling, is now accepting proposals for production of original plays, vignettes, or one-acts, not to exceed one hour, with a ‘Celtic’ theme, to be performed during the weekend of the Second Annual Celtic Calling, March 3-5, 2017, at a location to be determined. The deadline for submission is December 31, 2016, and the winning submission will be announced no later than January 15, 2017. One or more winning entries may be selected and will be given a $100 stipend.
1.All proposals and scripts must be typewritten and emailed to CelticCallingCopperPintPlay@gmail.com by December 31, 2016, at 5:00pm.
2. Multiple submissions are permitted, as are collaborations between writers.
3. The submission must be original, and the entrant must have the rights of performance prior to submission. Celtic Calling will be granted exclusive rights of performance from the time of submission through March 31, 2016.
4. The play should not exceed one hour.
7. Celtic Calling may charge for tickets to the performance, which will go to offset the costs of production of the play and/or festival.
8. The submission must have a ‘Celtic’ theme.
9.The play will be selected by a committee, whose decisions are final, including the decision not to decide, should the entries not meet the requirements or other standards.
Further questions should be sent to CelticCallingCopperPintPlay@gmail.com to ensure a timely response.