Submissions are now being accepted from awesome female playwrights for consideration in this year's festival. This festival utilizes a peer-review process for evaluating submissions, so please make sure to read over the following guidelines carefully before submitting.
This year's festival theme is Hot Mess. Playwrights are invited to submit short plays and/or monologues written on this theme. In the past we've had great success with short scene lets as well (10 minute plays comprised of a couple of scenes, which we can sprinkle throughout the lineup)
LBDI strongly suggests you do not submit plays or monologues longer than ten minutes. Keep in mind that in all instances, shorter is truly better. Plays running longer than ten minutes stand very little chance of making it into the festival as we strive to produce as many playwrights as possible.
Little Black Dress INK utilizes a peer review process for evaluating plays. By submitting to this fest, you agree to participate in this unique opportunity to help select plays for production.
- Once our submission window is closed, you will receive a selection of plays to read and score using the LBDI online eval form. You MUST read and submit your evaluations by the required date in order for your play to remain in consideration.
- Submitted works will be read by other participating playwrights and LBDI artistic personnel. But submitting to the festival, you agree to share your work for review in this process.
Submission materials must be emailed to LBDI by December 10, 2016 and should include:
The following information in the body of your email:
- Your name
- The title of your play
- Your contact information *It is very important that you use a reliable email address as all correspondence will be done via email!
- A blind PDF of your script - do NOT include your name anywhere on the scripts!
- Email materials to submissions@LittleBlackDressINK.org
LBDI will be producing readings of the top scoring plays nation-wide. The top eight to ten scoring plays will also move on to full production with Little Black Dress INK.