Help us crown the Best of the Worst at ANOTHER Taste of Rotten Theatre! Laughed out of the writer's group? Great! Told it would never be staged? Amazing! Sure it doesn't work? WE'LL give it a try! Dig through your trash with the rest of the rancid meat and find the most terrible, inscrutable, incoherent play you’ve ever written.
This is the one contest where clunky, ham-handed dialogue and wildly implausible scenarios work in your favor! Cupcake Lady Productions will select five (5) plays as finalists to be performed (badly) in Another Taste of Rotten Theatre on April 1, 2017. The finalists will be announced in March.
Three judges will rate each play on a scale of 1-10. The audience will also vote on the same scale, counting as a fourth judge. The votes will be tallied and the Best of the Worst, based on the highest total score from the judges, will receive our GRAND PRIZE!
• The author of the play must be same person submitting it
• You must own the rights to perform the play you are submitting
• Plays must be 10-minutes or less in length
• One (1) entry per person only, please!
• Entries may be short, self-contained plays, or a 10-minute scene from a longer play (out of context scenes are strongly encouraged)
• Former contest winners are eligible to enter, but the entry must be a different play
• No plays submitted by judges, volunteers or performers participating in Another Night of Rotten Theatre 2017 will be considered.
• Entries must be sent to email@example.com by 11:59PM EST on February 24th. No plays sent to our personal email addresses will be considered.