Write THE FIRST DRAFT of your next play this spring at Primary Stages ESPA. You’ll receive concrete deadlines, constructive feedback, and a collaborative environment that will encourage you to get your ideas on the page. Whether it's your first play or your hundredth, this class will give you the tools and support you need to complete a full first draft.
- Monday mornings with Leah Nanako Winkler (Writer, Kentucky at EST) This class will be a collaborative environment where you are encouraged to bring in unfiltered pages and give and receive feedback from classmates in a safe space.
- Monday evenings with Michael Walkup (Producing Artistic Director, Page 73): In this class, the room will be run in the spirit of a dramaturg running a workshop for playwrights.
- Tuesday evenings with A. Rey Pamatmat (Writer, House Rules at Ma-Yi Theatre Company; Co-Director, Mi-Ya Writer's Lab): Rey teaches this class as a workshop where you create a safe enough peer group that people can write whatever they want without worrying that it'll be good or bad.
- Wednesday mornings with Winter Miller (Writer, In Darfur at The Public): Winter sees the class as being part of a sacred team, all working to elevate the work. She will seek for you to be an active participant in your own development as a writer.
- Wednesday evenings with Crystal Skillman (Writer, Geek and Rain and Zoe Save the World): This is a class of the IMAGINATION. It will be very much focused on what you are passionate to write a full length about and what is theatrical – and what MUST be a play.
- Sunday mornings with Eddie Sanchez (Writer, Barefoot Boy with Shoes On at Primary Stages): Eddie's class is all about being a safe place to try things. One week you may bring in a scene that totally slays, the next week, not so much. But this is the room where you can try.
Not in New York? Want more flexibility? This class is also offered online!
With Caridad Svich (Writer, 2012 OBIE Winner for Lifetime Achievement)
Our award-winning faculty, comprised of working professionals in the field, provides practical skills and expert guidance in a collaborative community atmosphere.
We provide students easy and convenient payment plans to break up tuition. Primary Stages ESPA is a home for all artists, in all stages of their careers. For more information, call 212.840.9705 x211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.