Studio Players, Kentucky’s Oldest Community-Involved Theater, located in Lexington, is proud to announce their 4th Annual 10-Minute Play Festival, to be performed in August 2017. This event is growing yearly, with vibrant public response. This year, we have both a Corporate Sponsor as well as a generous Private Donor. As such, we are solid and building. We are looking for 7 strong plays which change lives to feature so, once again, we are holding a competition. This competition is for 10-minute plays only; it is open to any playwright. The judges will be members of the Studio Players theater community: board members, directors and patrons. The rules are simple and are as follows:
1. Any playwright may enter; only one script per playwright.
2. The play must be a 10 minute play (meaning it will be approximately 10 pages long).
3. All plays should be emailed, with a separate cover page, with: play's title, author's name, email address, mailing address and phone number. The play itself should only have the title; no identifying information contained in or on the 10 page script.
4. To be considered, each script must be received by April 2nd.
5. The contest is open to the first 150 entries received.
6. Winning entrants agree to a full production of their scripts and video recording and presentation of their scripts.
That's it! The top 7 scripts (as determined by the judges) will be performed by active members of the Bluegrass theater community. Each play will be a fully realized, staged production; each performance showing all winning scripts. The 7 Selected playwrights will each receive $200 in prize money.
All entries should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org with "10-min play fest" in the header.