NEW PLAYWRITING COMMISSION
This is the third and final part of the collaboration between The Canal Cafe Theatre & Russell Lucas in the 2016/17 American Season.
We seek applications from writers who have an initial idea for a 60 minute play inspired by the current American political climate.
(NB: We are not accepting complete plays as this initiative is aimed at inspiring, developing and then finally presenting the work at the end of the six months.)
• The final play will be one act (60 minutes or less) and not have received any staging anywhere in the world.
• The play can feature up to three actors.
• The American Season is presented in traverse or in-the-round style seating with one entrance/exit.
• You must present your initial title, full plot synopsis and one scene from the play.
• You may include character breakdowns, actor requirements and staging needs to support your application.
• Submissions open 1st March 2017 and close 31st March.
• Please submit your idea to the following email: CCTAmerican@gmail.com
Once the submission period is closed, the artistic team will select writers that will go through to the next round. Further details will be provided to the selected applicants. We aim to reply to every applicant. The chosen playwright receives £400.00 to support the writing of their new play for a limited run at The Canal Café Theatre in October 2017.
Throughout the collaborative process you will have dramaturgical support from director Russell Lucas and production support from the venue.