The Jeffrey Award invites NYC playwrights to submit a ten-minute play on the theme "Second Acts."
The Award will provide a director and actors for a one-time reading of the play. In addition to the opportunity to hear your play out loud, the winner will receive a $250 cash award.
All submissions must be received by Noon, May 3, 2017.
Winner will be notified in July.
Guidelines for the submission:
- NYC playwrights only; one submission per author.
- No more than a 10-minute play, which is usually 8-13 pages [read your play aloud and allow for nonverbal action]
- Maximum 3 characters
- Submit a standard format PDF with no identifiers on the title page or in the script.
- Play must be previously unproduced
- The reading will be script-in-hand, no props--think table read-- with a short rehearsal period, with the focus on having the playwright hear the work out loud in front of people.
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The subject line should include the THEME and the TITLE of your play. For example: Second Acts: Title of My Play
Please include your contact information (address, email, phone number) in the body of the email.
We look forward to reading your work.