Eastbound Theatre seeks short one-act plays for its annual summer festival in July. Five plays will be chosen for performance, and audiences will vote to determine the winner of the Summer Audience Award.
Eastbound is a community theatre operating as part of the Milford Arts Council. Eastbound Summer has been free to the public since its inception in 2001.
Deadline is February 28, 2014.
Email submissions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments can be doc, rtf or pdf files.
Hard copy submissions can be sent to:
Eastbound Summer 2014
Milford Arts Council
40 Railroad Avenue South
Milford, CT 06460
There is no submission fee.
Playwrights may submit more than one play.
Playwrights will maintain all rights to their material.
Submissions must be unpublished, original one-act plays of 10-15 pages in length, inspired by the theme “One for the Road”.
Please submit your script and a cover letter explaining how the theme inspired your work.
We prefer submissions to be completely new plays, written specifically for this event. However, no script will be rejected unless it fails to meet the indicated guideline of 10-15 pages in length.
Playwrights will be notified via email unless otherwise requested.
Eastbound will stage four performances the final weekend of July.
Additional performances may be requested, but will not be performed without the permission of the playwright.
At this time, there is no compensation for performance.
Visit Eastbound and the Milford Arts Council at www.milfordarts.org.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (598)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Aspiring Playwrights Contest
- 2014 TRUSTUS PLAYWRIGHTS’ FESTIVAL
- Theatre Suburbia 2014 Mellerdrama
- Game Play 2014 at the Brick Theater in Brooklyn
- Fly-By-Night Theatre full-length & one-act play su...
- Cherry Lane Theatre's Mentor Project 2014 free tic...
- Helen McCloy Scholarship
- THE DOUGLASS WALLOP FELLOWSHIP
- The New American Theatre is looking to produce one...
- SEEKING ONE ACT TO BE PRODUCED AT MN FRINGE
- 2014 Centre Stage New Play Festival
- Indie Boots Theatre Festival seeks short plays
- SEEKING UNFINISHED SHORT PLAYS
- GRIN YOUNG PLAYWRIGHTS COMPETITION
- Over Here Theatre Company is seeking submissions o...
- Stone Soup Shakespeare seeks 10-minute plays
- World War I: The Legacy Project seeks submissions
- The Marilyn Hall Awards for Youth Theater
- Pigs Do Fly Productions is seeking 10-minute conte...
- Independent Lens: Playwright
- 12 Peers Theater New Play Festival 2014
- Special Call for Scripts, Fall/Winter 2013–2014
- Jane Chambers Student Playwriting Contest 2014
- Script Submissions for Playwrights’ Revolution
- Eastbound Theatre seeks short one-act plays
- Interim Writers seeks playwrights
- See the cast/creators of MURDER FOR TWO at Barnes ...
- 4th Annual Vittum Prize
- Nomad's Theatre Company seeks short scripts
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NYC/Metropolitan Area Playwri...
- Little Black Dress INC seeks 10-minute plays and m...
- 2014 Flying Muskrat Theater Company playwright con...
- You’re invited to be a part of “The Apron Strings ...
- Phillip Seymour Hoffman on acting
- Beatrice Terry Fellowship
- PlayFest (Fall, 2014) is seeking new full-length p...
- Saturday Night One-Acts seeks THE SISTER PLAYS
- Bath Fringe seeks writers 18 - 30
- Kanjy Offers a Free Online Portfolio and Community...
- Grants available to Latino artists
- ANT Festival 2014
- Pause & Play 10-minute plays
- Mount Carmel Theatre Company (MCTC) seeks 10-minut...
- Woodward/Newman Drama Award - full-length plays wa...
- Dionysus Theatre in Houston, Texas currently seeks...
- ▼ February (45)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)