Interim Writers Accomplice seeks to unite and support its member playwrights by incubating works in progress, encouraging writers during the creative process, providing a sounding board for ideas, and advocating for them in the theatre community. Members have the opportunity to contribute to and shape programming, hear their work out loud, and build lasting professional relationship with fellow playwrights and future collaborators. With these endeavors, IW will advance efforts to establish Boston as a leading contributor to the national new play scene and be an accomplice to area playwrights.
How to Apply
IW is looking to bring in new playwrights into the Accomplice with residency beginning as soon as April 2014!
Send application materials in PDF format to IW’s Operations Manager email@example.com
A finished play you consider to be your best work, preferably one full-length play. If you have submitted to the accomplice in the past, please send a different play than your first application.
Resume or CV
A 1 page letter of interest stating what you hope to get out of the group, what you can contribute, and an artistic statement about who you are as a writer, or what motivates you to write.
Finalists will be asked to meet the IW team for an interview
The collective will meet twice monthly on Monday nights from 6:30p-10p. Selected playwrights must attend at least 75% of the meetings. If you are unwilling or unable to make this commitment, please do not apply.
Deadline March 1st 11:59pm
After the first 30 submissions we will be closing our submission window. This will insure a detailed look at each application.
Selection Process and Commitment
When selecting members, Interim Writers seeks playwrights who possess practical experience, training, or acumen for the craft of playwriting. Members will have basic knowledge of dramatic structures, a willingness to hone their craft, and a desire to contribute to the group by edifying and challenging each other artistically. This fellowship will last for at least one year and meet twice a month on Monday evenings. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit us at www.interimrwriters.com
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (594)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Aspiring Playwrights Contest
- 2014 TRUSTUS PLAYWRIGHTS’ FESTIVAL
- Theatre Suburbia 2014 Mellerdrama
- Game Play 2014 at the Brick Theater in Brooklyn
- Fly-By-Night Theatre full-length & one-act play su...
- Cherry Lane Theatre's Mentor Project 2014 free tic...
- Helen McCloy Scholarship
- THE DOUGLASS WALLOP FELLOWSHIP
- The New American Theatre is looking to produce one...
- SEEKING ONE ACT TO BE PRODUCED AT MN FRINGE
- 2014 Centre Stage New Play Festival
- Indie Boots Theatre Festival seeks short plays
- SEEKING UNFINISHED SHORT PLAYS
- GRIN YOUNG PLAYWRIGHTS COMPETITION
- Over Here Theatre Company is seeking submissions o...
- Stone Soup Shakespeare seeks 10-minute plays
- World War I: The Legacy Project seeks submissions
- The Marilyn Hall Awards for Youth Theater
- Pigs Do Fly Productions is seeking 10-minute conte...
- Independent Lens: Playwright
- 12 Peers Theater New Play Festival 2014
- Special Call for Scripts, Fall/Winter 2013–2014
- Jane Chambers Student Playwriting Contest 2014
- Script Submissions for Playwrights’ Revolution
- Eastbound Theatre seeks short one-act plays
- Interim Writers seeks playwrights
- See the cast/creators of MURDER FOR TWO at Barnes ...
- 4th Annual Vittum Prize
- Nomad's Theatre Company seeks short scripts
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NYC/Metropolitan Area Playwri...
- Little Black Dress INC seeks 10-minute plays and m...
- 2014 Flying Muskrat Theater Company playwright con...
- You’re invited to be a part of “The Apron Strings ...
- Phillip Seymour Hoffman on acting
- Beatrice Terry Fellowship
- PlayFest (Fall, 2014) is seeking new full-length p...
- Saturday Night One-Acts seeks THE SISTER PLAYS
- Bath Fringe seeks writers 18 - 30
- Kanjy Offers a Free Online Portfolio and Community...
- Grants available to Latino artists
- ANT Festival 2014
- Pause & Play 10-minute plays
- Mount Carmel Theatre Company (MCTC) seeks 10-minut...
- Woodward/Newman Drama Award - full-length plays wa...
- Dionysus Theatre in Houston, Texas currently seeks...
- ▼ February (45)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)