The Women & Theatre Program of the Association for Theatre in Higher Education invites submissions from female playwrights for the annual
Jane Chambers Student Playwriting Award.
The Jane Chambers Student Playwriting Award recognizes plays & performance texts created by women that present a feminist perspective & contain significant opportunities for female performers. Like the Jane Chambers Award for professional playwrights, this annual award is given in memory of lesbian playwright Jane Chambers who, through her plays A Late Snow, Last Summer at Bluefish Cove, My Blue Heaven, Kudzu, & The Quintessential Image, became a major feminist voice in American theatre.
This competition is open to both graduate & undergraduate students; entrants do not have to be registered in a theatre or drama program to submit. The Jane Chambers Award for emergent playwrights encourages diversity of style & content. All forms of drama are accepted, including solo performance work. Excerpts from the winning play will be read at the annual Women and Theatre Program pre-conference, which will be held in Los Angeles, California, 2010 prior to the American Theatre in Higher Education Conference (ATHE). A professional playwright will offer feedback in a post-reading discussion with the audience.
Student winner will receive a $150 cash prize & a year's membership in Women & Theatre.
To enter, please send three copies of a typed script, application form, resume, and a brief description of the piece.
Deadline is March 1, 2014
Please, only one submission per applicant and no email submissions.
Mail submission to:
1806 Parklawn Drive
Columbia, MO 65202
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (597)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Aspiring Playwrights Contest
- 2014 TRUSTUS PLAYWRIGHTS’ FESTIVAL
- Theatre Suburbia 2014 Mellerdrama
- Game Play 2014 at the Brick Theater in Brooklyn
- Fly-By-Night Theatre full-length & one-act play su...
- Cherry Lane Theatre's Mentor Project 2014 free tic...
- Helen McCloy Scholarship
- THE DOUGLASS WALLOP FELLOWSHIP
- The New American Theatre is looking to produce one...
- SEEKING ONE ACT TO BE PRODUCED AT MN FRINGE
- 2014 Centre Stage New Play Festival
- Indie Boots Theatre Festival seeks short plays
- SEEKING UNFINISHED SHORT PLAYS
- GRIN YOUNG PLAYWRIGHTS COMPETITION
- Over Here Theatre Company is seeking submissions o...
- Stone Soup Shakespeare seeks 10-minute plays
- World War I: The Legacy Project seeks submissions
- The Marilyn Hall Awards for Youth Theater
- Pigs Do Fly Productions is seeking 10-minute conte...
- Independent Lens: Playwright
- 12 Peers Theater New Play Festival 2014
- Special Call for Scripts, Fall/Winter 2013–2014
- Jane Chambers Student Playwriting Contest 2014
- Script Submissions for Playwrights’ Revolution
- Eastbound Theatre seeks short one-act plays
- Interim Writers seeks playwrights
- See the cast/creators of MURDER FOR TWO at Barnes ...
- 4th Annual Vittum Prize
- Nomad's Theatre Company seeks short scripts
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NYC/Metropolitan Area Playwri...
- Little Black Dress INC seeks 10-minute plays and m...
- 2014 Flying Muskrat Theater Company playwright con...
- You’re invited to be a part of “The Apron Strings ...
- Phillip Seymour Hoffman on acting
- Beatrice Terry Fellowship
- PlayFest (Fall, 2014) is seeking new full-length p...
- Saturday Night One-Acts seeks THE SISTER PLAYS
- Bath Fringe seeks writers 18 - 30
- Kanjy Offers a Free Online Portfolio and Community...
- Grants available to Latino artists
- ANT Festival 2014
- Pause & Play 10-minute plays
- Mount Carmel Theatre Company (MCTC) seeks 10-minut...
- Woodward/Newman Drama Award - full-length plays wa...
- Dionysus Theatre in Houston, Texas currently seeks...
- ▼ February (45)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)