Green Shows traditionally were the prelude to the evening’s main performance and included several of the performers from that evening in any number of entertaining activities.
Green Shows can be: musical or a variety act, a summary of the play, a small skit or scene being “tried out” to a fresh audience, a scene honoring a specific date or audience member or a sharing of any sort.
Chicago Shakespeare Theater’s “Shakespeare in the Parks” Green Shows are scenes written and performed by summer students (all high school age). Ashland Shakespeare Festival’s Green Shows are primarily local musicians performing a free show for the public in the downtown area to encourage and promote the Festival’s evening events. St. Louis Shakespeare Festival’s Green Shows are largely summaries of the evening’s performance to help guide audiences into understanding what they are about to see.
We are looking for 10-minute (ish) plays that are inspired by a line, a scene, a character or the entire story of As You Like It. We encourage writers to think of the various styles of Green Shows that exist at present, but most importantly we want it to be new work.
We are looking for something inspired by Shakespeare, but beyond that is open to interpretation.
Play submissions are due by February 15, 2014. The winning play will be announced April 1, 2014.
Any questions you have about the competition can be sent to email@example.com.
Submission form available online.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Saturday, February 15, 2014
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Aspiring Playwrights Contest
- 2014 TRUSTUS PLAYWRIGHTS’ FESTIVAL
- Theatre Suburbia 2014 Mellerdrama
- Game Play 2014 at the Brick Theater in Brooklyn
- Fly-By-Night Theatre full-length & one-act play su...
- Cherry Lane Theatre's Mentor Project 2014 free tic...
- Helen McCloy Scholarship
- THE DOUGLASS WALLOP FELLOWSHIP
- The New American Theatre is looking to produce one...
- SEEKING ONE ACT TO BE PRODUCED AT MN FRINGE
- 2014 Centre Stage New Play Festival
- Indie Boots Theatre Festival seeks short plays
- SEEKING UNFINISHED SHORT PLAYS
- GRIN YOUNG PLAYWRIGHTS COMPETITION
- Over Here Theatre Company is seeking submissions o...
- Stone Soup Shakespeare seeks 10-minute plays
- World War I: The Legacy Project seeks submissions
- The Marilyn Hall Awards for Youth Theater
- Pigs Do Fly Productions is seeking 10-minute conte...
- Independent Lens: Playwright
- 12 Peers Theater New Play Festival 2014
- Special Call for Scripts, Fall/Winter 2013–2014
- Jane Chambers Student Playwriting Contest 2014
- Script Submissions for Playwrights’ Revolution
- Eastbound Theatre seeks short one-act plays
- Interim Writers seeks playwrights
- See the cast/creators of MURDER FOR TWO at Barnes ...
- 4th Annual Vittum Prize
- Nomad's Theatre Company seeks short scripts
- CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS NYC/Metropolitan Area Playwri...
- Little Black Dress INC seeks 10-minute plays and m...
- 2014 Flying Muskrat Theater Company playwright con...
- You’re invited to be a part of “The Apron Strings ...
- Phillip Seymour Hoffman on acting
- Beatrice Terry Fellowship
- PlayFest (Fall, 2014) is seeking new full-length p...
- Saturday Night One-Acts seeks THE SISTER PLAYS
- Bath Fringe seeks writers 18 - 30
- Kanjy Offers a Free Online Portfolio and Community...
- Grants available to Latino artists
- ANT Festival 2014
- Pause & Play 10-minute plays
- Mount Carmel Theatre Company (MCTC) seeks 10-minut...
- Woodward/Newman Drama Award - full-length plays wa...
- Dionysus Theatre in Houston, Texas currently seeks...
- ▼ February (45)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)