Building on the success of an outstanding first year, WMGE, LLC presents its second season of “Fade To Black”, Houstons only short play festival celebrating the new works of African American playwrights. On February 15, 2014, a nationwide search will be conducted to find ten finalist selected by a panel of judges. Each play selected will be performed before an audience who will vote for the grand prize winner. At the conclusion of the festival the winning playwright will receive a cash prize of $100.00.
Ten short plays will be selected from a national open-submission process and presented in a staged performance. One grand prize winning play will be selected by audience vote at the conclusion of the festival.
February 15th, 2014 - Open Submission
April 1st, 2014 - Submission Deadline
May 1st, 2014 - Finalists Announced
June 26, 27, 28, 2014 - Festival Performance
June 30, 2014 - Grand Prize Winner Announced ($100 prize awarded)
Guidelines for Submissions:
Must be an original, unpublished, unproduced work written by an African American playwright.
Must be no longer than 10 minutes. (No more than three (3) scripts may be submitted).
Should accommodate a “bare-stage” set requiring only minor accommodations of removable stage props and require basic lighting and sound cues.
We ONLY accept electronic submissions in PDF form. Scripts sent as WORD documents will not be considered.
Theme of play is subject to the imagination of the playwright. Write whatever subject matter you choose.
There is no fee required to submit.
Email your submission (On or after February 15) to: email@example.com.
Email header should read: Submission: Fade to Black. Your name. Title of play.
On the front page of your script include your name, contact information, title of play as well as any character descriptions.
For more information, please contact Denise O'Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Towne Street Theatre membership opportunity - open...
- TLC 5th annual Emerging Artists Program
- Moonlit Wings Productions, seeks plays and musical...
- MadLab Theater seeks longer plays
- Carl Djerassi Playwriting Fellowship
- Gi60 2014: Call for Play Submissions
- Waukegan Theatre Festival seeks plays
- 2014 Turner Cassity Literary Festival One-Act Vers...
- Unboxed Voices' 3rd Annual Short Play Festival see...
- The 4th Annual MRT New Play Competition
- ALL OUT ARTS FRESH FRUIT FESTIVAL TEN MINUTE LGBT ...
- GUIDELINES FOR THE FRANKLIN FURNACE FUND, 2014-201...
- CALL FOR SHORT PLAYS BY AFRICAN AMERICAN PLAYWRIGH...
- iDiOM Theater seeks full-length scripts
- Raw Stages History Theater
- UNDERGROUND @ THE LITTLE NYC/SC PLAY EXCHANGE
- The Bards Town Theatre is seeking submissions for ...
- Open Call for original unpublished Short Plays & S...
- Theatre503’s Playwriting Award
- Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publishing Group welco...
- Princess Grace Playwrights Award
- 9th Biennial Festival of Ten-Minute Plays
- EMOS (EARTH MATTERS ON STAGE) 2015 - CALL FOR SCRI...
- Testimonial time
- Thespian Production seeks short plays for festiva...
- The Women's Theatre Project seeking short plays
- Piney Fork Press Theater One Act Play Festival - N...
- NYCPlaywrights on a roll
- Thanks for the encouragement!
- PLAYWRIGHT FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITY
- Scripts Wanted for Apr. 26 - 27 Short Play Lab -- ...
- 16TH ANNUAL THEATRE CONSPIRACY NEW PLAY CONTEST
- TENFEST 2014 CALL FOR SCRIPTS - Vermont playwright...
- MRTʼs SPRING ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION
- Seeking 10 minute play based on the theme of Speak...
- Short Play Lab
- Cupcake Lady Productions Awful Play Contest
- Call for Submissions: An Evening of Grand Guignol ...
- International Playwrights Group Residency
- Unsolicited testimonial!
- Discount tickets: RIDING THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS
- CALLING ALL NYC AREA PLAYWRIGHTS
- Free events at the National Yiddish Theatre - Folk...
- Young Playwrights Competition & Festival
- NYCPlaywrights testimonial
- Edward F. Albee Foundation residency
- Announcing Triple Canopy’s 2014 call for proposals...
- 4th Annual Short Play Festival
- Distilled Theatre is now accepting play submission...
- Appalachian Festival of Plays and Playwrights
- SILVER SPRING STAGE CALL FOR ONE-ACT SCRIPTS
- Driftwood Players Fifth Annual Festival of Shorts
- Synetic Theater seeks submissions
- Brooklyn Playwrights Workshop Seeks Members
- Dramatists Guild interview with Wendy Wasserstein ...
- Free panel discussion at Playwrights Horizon curat...
- New Digital Publishing House seeks Plays
- Theatre Southwest Festival seeks short plays
- ▼ March (59)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)