That’s right! For years we have accepted submissions for short, one-act plays for our annual festival of new plays THEATRE ROULETTE. Now, we realize something has been missing. We...yearn for more. To help fill the empty void in our collective souls, we need...something longer. We need lots of them, so please, go ahead! Send us your full length plays. Long one-acts, two-acts, three-acts if you think you have what it takes! We can take it, and...well...we want it. These will be considered for our regular theatre season (not for THEATRE ROULETTE, I repeat...not for THEATRE ROULETTE). Bring it on, playwrights. We want you! We need some length.
To maximize your chance of selection, please read all the guidelines carefully before submitting.
All submissions should be send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “MADLAB 2014 SEASON” in the subject line. If you do not have email, please call 614.221.5418 to set up different arrangements.
Submissions must arrive no later than April 1st, 2014.
Though we are up for anything, ideally, scripts should be long one-acts (70-90 minutes) or two-act plays (100-120 minutes). If you have something else longer, please feel free to send it on.
You may submit multiple scripts.
Script submissions WILL NOT be returned to the applicant; MadLab will destroy all evidence of your creative instincts upon a funeral pyre at an undisclosed location in order to protect both the innocent and the guilty. Ashes will NOT be returned to you unless you purchase a commemorative urn from MadLab at the bargain basement price of $999.95.
Due to our environmentally conscious president, you must email your script to us. If emailing is absolutely impossible for you, please call us at 614.221.5418 so we can make alternate arrangements.
Please send your script attached as a Microsoft Word document or PDF format. Scripts should be emailed to email@example.com. Please put “MADLAB 2015 SEASON” in the subject line. If “MADLAB 2015 SEASON” is not in your subject line, your submission may not be received. All submissions will receive a reply email to ensure that your submission was received.
MadLab pays a royalty of $200 + 10% of our box office for any playwright that is gracious enough to allow us to produce his/her work. We know this will not be anywhere near worth the time and effort you put into writing your play, but we are happy that every little bit helps.
If you’ve made it through all of this, congratulations. At least you’ve got the potential patience to deal with the travails of theatrical production. If you have any questions, please email them to Managing Director Andy Batt at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your interest. Good luck with your submission, and regardless of the outcome here, be sure to keep writing and producing new works.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (597)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Towne Street Theatre membership opportunity - open...
- TLC 5th annual Emerging Artists Program
- Moonlit Wings Productions, seeks plays and musical...
- MadLab Theater seeks longer plays
- Carl Djerassi Playwriting Fellowship
- Gi60 2014: Call for Play Submissions
- Waukegan Theatre Festival seeks plays
- 2014 Turner Cassity Literary Festival One-Act Vers...
- Unboxed Voices' 3rd Annual Short Play Festival see...
- The 4th Annual MRT New Play Competition
- ALL OUT ARTS FRESH FRUIT FESTIVAL TEN MINUTE LGBT ...
- GUIDELINES FOR THE FRANKLIN FURNACE FUND, 2014-201...
- CALL FOR SHORT PLAYS BY AFRICAN AMERICAN PLAYWRIGH...
- iDiOM Theater seeks full-length scripts
- Raw Stages History Theater
- UNDERGROUND @ THE LITTLE NYC/SC PLAY EXCHANGE
- The Bards Town Theatre is seeking submissions for ...
- Open Call for original unpublished Short Plays & S...
- Theatre503’s Playwriting Award
- Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publishing Group welco...
- Princess Grace Playwrights Award
- 9th Biennial Festival of Ten-Minute Plays
- EMOS (EARTH MATTERS ON STAGE) 2015 - CALL FOR SCRI...
- Testimonial time
- Thespian Production seeks short plays for festiva...
- The Women's Theatre Project seeking short plays
- Piney Fork Press Theater One Act Play Festival - N...
- NYCPlaywrights on a roll
- Thanks for the encouragement!
- PLAYWRIGHT FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITY
- Scripts Wanted for Apr. 26 - 27 Short Play Lab -- ...
- 16TH ANNUAL THEATRE CONSPIRACY NEW PLAY CONTEST
- TENFEST 2014 CALL FOR SCRIPTS - Vermont playwright...
- MRTʼs SPRING ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION
- Seeking 10 minute play based on the theme of Speak...
- Short Play Lab
- Cupcake Lady Productions Awful Play Contest
- Call for Submissions: An Evening of Grand Guignol ...
- International Playwrights Group Residency
- Unsolicited testimonial!
- Discount tickets: RIDING THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS
- CALLING ALL NYC AREA PLAYWRIGHTS
- Free events at the National Yiddish Theatre - Folk...
- Young Playwrights Competition & Festival
- NYCPlaywrights testimonial
- Edward F. Albee Foundation residency
- Announcing Triple Canopy’s 2014 call for proposals...
- 4th Annual Short Play Festival
- Distilled Theatre is now accepting play submission...
- Appalachian Festival of Plays and Playwrights
- SILVER SPRING STAGE CALL FOR ONE-ACT SCRIPTS
- Driftwood Players Fifth Annual Festival of Shorts
- Synetic Theater seeks submissions
- Brooklyn Playwrights Workshop Seeks Members
- Dramatists Guild interview with Wendy Wasserstein ...
- Free panel discussion at Playwrights Horizon curat...
- New Digital Publishing House seeks Plays
- Theatre Southwest Festival seeks short plays
- ▼ March (59)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)