Calling all playwrights: Summer Season 2014 Open to Submission
Moonlit Wings Productions, leading theatre-for-youth outside the Nation’s Capital, seeks new scripts for plays and musicals suitable for ages 7-15 to workshop and produce this summer in the National Capital Area.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION
Since 2008, MWP has mounted over 26 world-premieres of new theatre-for-youth workshop productions every summer. This summer we are selecting 4 brand-new shows to workshop and produce. Each show rehearses for 2-weeks with a professional director, choreographer, & tech director/stage manager and concludes with a public performance at the end of each session. Playwrights are given a thorough production review from the creative team and the chance to debut and promote their work with our leading youth arts organization. This is our 7th year in partnership with the Fairfax County Park Authority, the 6th largest county in the USA, located in the National Capital Area.
More at www.moonlitwings.org.
-Plays or Musicals (straight plays are fine, we do pride ourselves on a well-rounded theatre experience so we will ask to work music into your play)
-Runtime: 20-40 minutes (Hour long works may be submitted but we will ask for permission to make necessary cuts)
-LARGE cast, 15 minimum - 35 maximum, ensemble shows preferred, female driven or gender neutral casts encouraged
-Material suitable to be performed by talent ages 7-15
Our theme this year is "Season XII: ‘LUCKY 7’
The day you decide to do, is your lucky day" and we are especially seeking stories about ‘making your luck’, standing up for your future, championing a cause…
DEADLINE: April 1, 2014
***Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the header: "2014 Show Submission - TITLE HERE"
Then in the body of the email include the following info
– bullet-points/list is okay:
-Are you part of an organization or group? If so, which one?
-Title and play or musical?
-Has this work been produced before?
-A VERY brief synopsis of the show (3-5 sentences)
-Does your entry relate to our "Lucky 7" theme (suggested, but we’re open to all submissions)? If "Yes", how so?
We will reply to selected playwrights by or before May 2014. Our past collaborations have been with authors having work published by NYC's Beat By Beat Press, Playscripts Inc., Eldridge Publishing, and several independent literary organizations. Please forward all questions to email@example.com. Thank you for your interest!
LIKE us at www.Facebook.com/MoonlitWingsPro for the latest news & updates or @MoonlitWingsPro on Twitter.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (597)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Towne Street Theatre membership opportunity - open...
- TLC 5th annual Emerging Artists Program
- Moonlit Wings Productions, seeks plays and musical...
- MadLab Theater seeks longer plays
- Carl Djerassi Playwriting Fellowship
- Gi60 2014: Call for Play Submissions
- Waukegan Theatre Festival seeks plays
- 2014 Turner Cassity Literary Festival One-Act Vers...
- Unboxed Voices' 3rd Annual Short Play Festival see...
- The 4th Annual MRT New Play Competition
- ALL OUT ARTS FRESH FRUIT FESTIVAL TEN MINUTE LGBT ...
- GUIDELINES FOR THE FRANKLIN FURNACE FUND, 2014-201...
- CALL FOR SHORT PLAYS BY AFRICAN AMERICAN PLAYWRIGH...
- iDiOM Theater seeks full-length scripts
- Raw Stages History Theater
- UNDERGROUND @ THE LITTLE NYC/SC PLAY EXCHANGE
- The Bards Town Theatre is seeking submissions for ...
- Open Call for original unpublished Short Plays & S...
- Theatre503’s Playwriting Award
- Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publishing Group welco...
- Princess Grace Playwrights Award
- 9th Biennial Festival of Ten-Minute Plays
- EMOS (EARTH MATTERS ON STAGE) 2015 - CALL FOR SCRI...
- Testimonial time
- Thespian Production seeks short plays for festiva...
- The Women's Theatre Project seeking short plays
- Piney Fork Press Theater One Act Play Festival - N...
- NYCPlaywrights on a roll
- Thanks for the encouragement!
- PLAYWRIGHT FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITY
- Scripts Wanted for Apr. 26 - 27 Short Play Lab -- ...
- 16TH ANNUAL THEATRE CONSPIRACY NEW PLAY CONTEST
- TENFEST 2014 CALL FOR SCRIPTS - Vermont playwright...
- MRTʼs SPRING ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION
- Seeking 10 minute play based on the theme of Speak...
- Short Play Lab
- Cupcake Lady Productions Awful Play Contest
- Call for Submissions: An Evening of Grand Guignol ...
- International Playwrights Group Residency
- Unsolicited testimonial!
- Discount tickets: RIDING THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS
- CALLING ALL NYC AREA PLAYWRIGHTS
- Free events at the National Yiddish Theatre - Folk...
- Young Playwrights Competition & Festival
- NYCPlaywrights testimonial
- Edward F. Albee Foundation residency
- Announcing Triple Canopy’s 2014 call for proposals...
- 4th Annual Short Play Festival
- Distilled Theatre is now accepting play submission...
- Appalachian Festival of Plays and Playwrights
- SILVER SPRING STAGE CALL FOR ONE-ACT SCRIPTS
- Driftwood Players Fifth Annual Festival of Shorts
- Synetic Theater seeks submissions
- Brooklyn Playwrights Workshop Seeks Members
- Dramatists Guild interview with Wendy Wasserstein ...
- Free panel discussion at Playwrights Horizon curat...
- New Digital Publishing House seeks Plays
- Theatre Southwest Festival seeks short plays
- ▼ March (59)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)