Silver Spring Stage is seeking original one-act scripts for its upcoming annual One-Act Festival. The Festival will run for three weekends, from August 7 through August 24, 2014.
Silver Spring Stage will award Playwrights’ Prizes at the conclusion of the Festival. Prizes will be $150 for Best One-Act Play and $100 for One-Act Runner-Up. All plays presented as part of the Festival will be eligible for prizes.
- All submissions must be emailed in Word or .PDF format to email@example.com. Hard copies will not be accepted and will not be returned.
- Please include the author’s name and contact information including email address, mailing address and phone number in the body of the email.
- All mentions of the author’s name or contact information must be removed from the script.
- All scripts must be submitted in standard professional play format.
- There is no minimum length, but plays may not exceed 50 pages.
- Scripts must be original and unpublished, but may have been previously performed.
- Playwrights may submit no more than two scripts.
- Plays that have previously been submitted to Silver Spring Stage may not be submitted again.
- All submissions must be received by March 15, 2014.
- Plays will be selected based on artistic merit, technical and casting requirements, adherence to submission rules, length, and originality. Selected playwrights will be notified by May 1, 2014.
Silver Spring Stage is an all-volunteer, non-profit community theater located in Silver Spring, Maryland. We offer the best of what you like about theater – an intimate space, top-quality productions of plays that are smart and challenging and affordable prices. Find out more about the Stage at www.ssstage.org.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.