The Vermont Playwrights Circle seeks scripts for the seventh annual TenFest, a ten-minute play festival held at the Valley Players Theatre in Waitsfield, Vermont, August 14-17th, 2014. TenFest is part of the Vermont Festival of the Arts, and only Vermont playwrights are eligible to submit.
A Vermont playwright is defined by VPC as anyone who currently lives in Vermont, was born in Vermont, or who has lived in Vermont for three months consecutively at some point in his or her life.
Please take note of the following guidelines:
- Only one ten-minute play per author will be accepted.
- A ten-minute play is usually no longer than 10-12 typed pages in no less than 12 pt. font with one-inch margins. We are strict about the running time. Please read, or have your play read out loud to check the length.
- Only plays with five or fewer characters will be considered. Please note that, while quality is always our first criteria in selecting scripts, there are usually many more women than men auditioning for plays, so we are always happy when playwrights include female characters, or characters that could be played by either gender.
- Please submit three titled copies of the script, typed and in standard play format. The playwright’s name, however, should not appear on any pages of the script. Three adjudicators will read the scripts blind.
- No bound scripts, please. A simple staple in the left hand corner will suffice.
- The playwright’s name and contact information should appear on a separate cover page.
- Submit a one-page sheet with a full character listing, including a brief description of each character, and a synopsis of no more than 50 words. Do not include your name on this page. Playwrights should also submit signed copies of our expectations form and media waiver form, which can be downloaded at our web-site: www.vermontplaywrightscircle.org
- If you have any difficulty downloading these forms, please let us know right away and they will be sent to you: email@example.com
- There is no reading/submission fee.
- Postmark Deadline: March 31, 2014
- Playwrights will be notified on or near May 31st, 2014
- E-mail submissions cannot be accepted at this time. Please mail scripts and forms to:
The Vermont Playwrights Circle
P.O. Box 333
Roxbury, Vermont 05669