McKinney Repertory Theatre is pleased to announce The 4th Annual MRT New Play Competition. MRT is committed to providing quality entertainment for the community through cultural education and inspiration. We will begin our 12th season in Fall of 2014 and would like to encourage new playwrights to share their inspirations and hard work with us. MRT offers the competition winner the chance to see the playwright’s work fully realized on stage, and we hope that the winning play will goon to numerous productions elsewhere as well.
Prize: An MRT committee will choose one play as the Winner to fully produce sometime in our 2014-2015 Season. A second play will be chosen as Runner-Up and that play will receive a staged reading in the 2014-2015 Season. The Winner and Runner Up will be announced on or before July 31st, 2014.
1. Submission must be emailed in PDF format, no later than March 31, 2014. Submissions will no longer be accepted by U.S. Mail.
2. Submissions must be accompanied by a completed and signed and legible entry form. (form attached)
3. Only original, full length, unpublished scripts will be accepted.
4. Plays must not have been previously produced nor have won awards (although previous readings are acceptable).
5. Adaptations, translations, musicals and children’s plays will not be accepted.
6. Only one submission per playwright will be accepted. In the case of multiple submissions, only the play determined by the committee to be the first submission will be considered.
7. Casts of eight or fewer are preferred. Adult casts are preferred. Please keep in mind that MRT is a family oriented theater company.
Electronic Submissions will only be accepted. Email entries will be accepted only in PDF format, and must include your completed and Legible Entry Form.
Send your email entry to Info@McKinneyRep.Org with a subject line of “4th Annual MRT New Play Competition” and your full name.
All submissions must be accompanied by a completed, signed and legible entry form.
PLEASE NOTE: McKinney Repertory Theatre will have exclusive rights to produce the Winner, and a staged reading of the Runner-Up, royalty free during the 2014-2015 Season and to use the names of winning plays, readings and playwrights in all MRT publicity and promotions. MRT will also have the right to make copies of the plays for production and reading use. MRT reserves the right to accept or reject any submitted play. MRT also reserves the right to declare no winner. The decision of the committee is final. MRT will not provide transportation or housing for the Winner or Runner-Up during production, but will welcome your input in the process.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (600)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Towne Street Theatre membership opportunity - open...
- TLC 5th annual Emerging Artists Program
- Moonlit Wings Productions, seeks plays and musical...
- MadLab Theater seeks longer plays
- Carl Djerassi Playwriting Fellowship
- Gi60 2014: Call for Play Submissions
- Waukegan Theatre Festival seeks plays
- 2014 Turner Cassity Literary Festival One-Act Vers...
- Unboxed Voices' 3rd Annual Short Play Festival see...
- The 4th Annual MRT New Play Competition
- ALL OUT ARTS FRESH FRUIT FESTIVAL TEN MINUTE LGBT ...
- GUIDELINES FOR THE FRANKLIN FURNACE FUND, 2014-201...
- CALL FOR SHORT PLAYS BY AFRICAN AMERICAN PLAYWRIGH...
- iDiOM Theater seeks full-length scripts
- Raw Stages History Theater
- UNDERGROUND @ THE LITTLE NYC/SC PLAY EXCHANGE
- The Bards Town Theatre is seeking submissions for ...
- Open Call for original unpublished Short Plays & S...
- Theatre503’s Playwriting Award
- Hal Leonard Performing Arts Publishing Group welco...
- Princess Grace Playwrights Award
- 9th Biennial Festival of Ten-Minute Plays
- EMOS (EARTH MATTERS ON STAGE) 2015 - CALL FOR SCRI...
- Testimonial time
- Thespian Production seeks short plays for festiva...
- The Women's Theatre Project seeking short plays
- Piney Fork Press Theater One Act Play Festival - N...
- NYCPlaywrights on a roll
- Thanks for the encouragement!
- PLAYWRIGHT FEEDBACK OPPORTUNITY
- Scripts Wanted for Apr. 26 - 27 Short Play Lab -- ...
- 16TH ANNUAL THEATRE CONSPIRACY NEW PLAY CONTEST
- TENFEST 2014 CALL FOR SCRIPTS - Vermont playwright...
- MRTʼs SPRING ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION
- Seeking 10 minute play based on the theme of Speak...
- Short Play Lab
- Cupcake Lady Productions Awful Play Contest
- Call for Submissions: An Evening of Grand Guignol ...
- International Playwrights Group Residency
- Unsolicited testimonial!
- Discount tickets: RIDING THE MIDNIGHT EXPRESS
- CALLING ALL NYC AREA PLAYWRIGHTS
- Free events at the National Yiddish Theatre - Folk...
- Young Playwrights Competition & Festival
- NYCPlaywrights testimonial
- Edward F. Albee Foundation residency
- Announcing Triple Canopy’s 2014 call for proposals...
- 4th Annual Short Play Festival
- Distilled Theatre is now accepting play submission...
- Appalachian Festival of Plays and Playwrights
- SILVER SPRING STAGE CALL FOR ONE-ACT SCRIPTS
- Driftwood Players Fifth Annual Festival of Shorts
- Synetic Theater seeks submissions
- Brooklyn Playwrights Workshop Seeks Members
- Dramatists Guild interview with Wendy Wasserstein ...
- Free panel discussion at Playwrights Horizon curat...
- New Digital Publishing House seeks Plays
- Theatre Southwest Festival seeks short plays
- ▼ March (59)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)