Entries being accepted NOW for the Theatre Southwest Festival of Originals
Submissions accepted from 1/1 until 3/15/2014.
Five twenty-minute plays will be chosen to play simultaneously in one evening of theatre for the audience. There will be 5 separate directors and 5 separate casts. These are not staged readings, but fully produced plays. Plays chosen will show a diverse selection of theatre. There are no prohibited subjects or themes. Light comedies, satires, dark comedies, dramas, thrillers, etc., are all welcome.
Below are the submission guidelines:
- All entries should be previously unpublished.
- All Genres are accepted.
- Monologues are not accepted
- NO EMAIL submissions will be accepted.
- Plays should be 20 minutes in length (give or take a minute or two).
- There is no maximum limit of characters or sets, but common sense should be used.
- Number all pages of the scripts.
- Be sure to include your phone number, email address, and conventional address on the script title page.
- List all characters with a brief character description.
- A one paragraph play summary is appreciated although not mandatory.
Although NO SUBMISSION FEE will be asked for in 2014, voluntary donations to help subsidize the festival are always graciously accepted.
Scripts can not be returned.
One hundred dollars will be paid to all selected playwrights.
Scripts should be mailed to:
Houston, Texas 77063
Attention: Festival Submissions