Lakes Area Theatre (LAT) accepts script submissions from writers. Your original radio plays can be in any genre. Please see below for further guidelines regarding scripts.
Your script must be in a radio play format which differs from stage plays and screenplays. There are no stage directions, visual cues, lighting directions. The scripts should include easily discernible audio cues such as dialogue, sound effects (sfx), and music cues. Number the pages and number the lines starting over with 1 on each page for the lines.
We ask that content be suitable for all ages and family friendly. If you include innuendo and/or adult humor, please keep in mind some “children’s shows” which appealed to adults as well: Rocky and Bullwinkle, Fractured Fairytales, and the like. We broadcast our shows on a growing network of radio stations.
LAT has a 30 minute broadcast space to fill every other week. Plays can be 29-31 minutes in length. Script lengths are in the range of 5000 +/- words.
We will accept scripts for single shows
We will accept scripts that would run for 2 installments
We will accept a series of shorter plays which would fill the time frame
Fame Not Fortune
We pay a royalty fee of $30 per half hour of entertainment. This is based on input from radio script playwrights from around the USA as well as a BBC radio script writer.
If we accept and use your script, we will send you a writer’s agreement. This agreement will grant us the right to produce the script; it will grant us the right to reproduce as many copies of the script as needed to produce the script; it will grant us the broadcasting and rebroadcasting rights to the taped production (radio and podcasts); the writer retains all rights to their original and/or adapted work.
We may not take the opportunity to use your script. There could be a number of reasons for this such as its length, content not deemed suitable for our audience, or just that we believe it needs more work. We will try to give feedback so that writers can edit and resubmit their work.
We accept hard copies and electronic copies of scripts. Electronic copies are preferred. Please send them to:
Ann C. Hermes, Artistic Director
Lakes Area Theatre
2214 Geneva Road NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (597)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Soho Rep Writer/Director Lab
- Smash vase? Paint flower? The results are in...
- Rising Sun Performance Company is looking for shor...
- The Roots of the Bluegrass New Play Festival is se...
- Lakes Area Theatre script submission guidelines
- Accepting applications for the 2014-2015 Harold Cl...
- That Uppity Theatre Company is looking for short p...
- Smithfield Little Theatre seeks one act submission...
- Menagerie is now accepting entries for the One Pag...
- Clockwork Playwriting Contest - Steampunk themes
- 4x4=Musicals seeks ALL NEW ten minute musicals
- Submissions are now being accepted for Capital Rep...
- 9Thirty Theatre Company (9TTC) accepts submissions...
- March Forth Summer Salon
- Stella Adler seeks ensemble plays
- THIRD ANNUAL WARNER INTERNATIONAL PLAYWRIGHTS FEST...
- 2014 Met Life Nuestras Voces National Playwriting ...
- Playwrights CageMatch
- The Ingram New Works Lab
- Seeking plays for THE LAST DAYS OF MANKIND project...
- Kīkaha Ka Manu Play Festival seeks plays in the Ha...
- 2015 This Round's On Us - 10 minute plays
- Echo Theatre submission guidelines
- MITF Seeks Short Subjects for July 2014
- Walden Theatre Seeking Submissions for Its Slant C...
- Bad Theater Fest wants your vote - smash vase / pa...
- MITF Presents Special July Short Play Lab - Cash P...
- Newspeak Theatre submission guidelines
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS — SHORT PLAY BEFORE THE FEAT...
- Undiscovered Voices Scholarship 2014
- History Theatre (St. Paul, Minnesota) is accepting...
- National Newborn Festival
- Stage Left Studio Free Rent Series
- The Civilians R&D Group 2014-2015 Application
- Actorly Productions seeks submissions from South A...
- 8 x 10: A Festival of 10 Minute Plays
- Stagelight Magazine seeks submissions
- Dover Little Theater seeks one-act plays with a ho...
- Short Play Festival seeks 10-minute plays
- Write your own ACT ONE
- SEEKING SHORT 1 ACT PLAYS for Manhattan Rep's JUNE...
- Stella Adler seeks 10-minute plays about gender eq...
- Northern Renewal seeks short works about Scotland ...
- CALL FOR 10-MINUTE PLAYS - ROCKFORDS NEW PLAYS FES...
- Something Incredibly Marvelous Happens Call for Sc...
- ICWP 50/50 APPLAUSE AWARD NOMINATIONS SOUGHT
- Playwrights Realm is accepting submissions for its...
- Core Artist Ensemble has begun accepting submissio...
- Playwrights Project - Playwrights in Process
- The Dramaturgy Open Office Hour Project
- InterAct 20/20 Commissions
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre’s NEW WORKS - Summer ...
- 2014 IGNITION Festival of New Plays
- Lone Star Theater seeks Texas plays
- Stickball Productions seeks short plays
- Seeking plays for the Blueprint Series
- Studio Players seek 10-minute plays
- NYCPlaywrights January 2014 Play of the Month: THE...
- Bully Awareness Month 10-minute plays
- Dramatists Guild Fellowship and Musical Fellowship...
- Tomorrow & Tomorrow Theater Co. seeks submissions
- The Center for Spiritual Living seeks short plays
- Rover Dramawerks seeks full-length & 10-minute pla...
- ▼ May (63)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)