downSTAGEright, on behalf of STAGEright, will be presenting one night of new works readings on August 3rd- the third episode of its incredibly successful and arousing Slingshot Series.
Email your text(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org by JUNE 11, 2014
Guidelines for submissions are as follows:
- Each playwright may submit up to TWO plays.
- Each play must be no longer than 25 PAGES, not including the Title Page and any character/setting information.
- There is no minimum or maximum for characters.
- Each submitted text must be a completed work with a beginning, middle, and end- no partial works, scenes pulled from full-length pieces, or incomplete works will be read.
- Musicals or plays with music are welcome; please submit a score of any music- demos as well, though these are not required.
- Only plays in development will be considered, meaning that your play cannot have had a full production- though works which have had readings/workshops are welcome.
- Scripts must be COMPLETELY blinded, please submit a separate Cover Sheet with the title of your play and your contact information.
- Each play must have something to do with the theme - PAYCHECK.
- Playwrights whose works have been selected will be contacted by July 9th- submissions are due 11:59pm PST JUNE 11th!
Works who do not meet any one of these requirements will not be considered.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- PICK OF THE VINE – Season 13 (2015)
- The New York New Works Theatre Festival seeks shor...
- Seeking never produced before original short 1 act...
- North Park Playwright Festival
- The PlayOffs at Horse & Cart 2014
- Statement from the Dramatists Guild
- Call for original short plays by playwrights from ...
- Panglossian Productions' Pop Up Theater, an annual...
- Proscenium Journal Now Accepting Submissions
- This Is Water Theatre is currently seeking plays
- Discount tickets for NYCPlaywrights - MURDER FOR T...
- Marin Theatre Company seeks submissions for its 20...
- Heiress Productions is now accepting submissions f...
- South Street Players seeking short plays for Tri-S...
- WIN TWO TICKETS TO ACCIDENTAL PERVERT! or take adv...
- NYCPlaywrights Play of the Month: US by David Copp...
- FWD Theatre Project seeks new American musicals
- Write Now call for Theater for Young Audiences (TY...
- Cimientos seeks plays in English and Spanish
- Arch and Bruce Brown LGBT Competition
- CITY THEATRE of St. Petersburg, Florida SEEKS ONE ...
- Elite Theatre Company World Premiere Play
- CALL FOR 10 MINUTE PLAYS ON STUDENT DEBT CRISIS
- MITF Presents Special July Short Play Lab - Cash P...
- Women in Theatre: Ruby Dee, actress
- WIN TWO TICKETS TO THE ANTHEM! or take advantage o...
- Theatre d'Art seeks full-length scripts
- Call for Short Plays Featuring Good Roles for Wome...
- downSTAGEright, on behalf of STAGEright, seeks sho...
- The 4th annual NEWvember New Plays Festival
- Project Y offers discount tickets for Playwrights ...
- Children’s Theater Playwright Competition
- Mixed Blood submission guidelines
- Mystery On The Menu seeks ten-minute murder myster...
- The Morrissey Playwriting Contest
- Seeking plays by parents 2014
- CALL FOR 15 MINUTE PLAYS - COMMONWEALTH GAMES
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays
- ▼ June (38)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)