Marin Theatre Company will begin accepting submissions for the 2015 Sky Cooper and 2015 David Calicchio prizes on July 1, 2014. Submissions will be accepted (postmarked or via the online submission form) through August 31, 2014.
• Submissions must be unpublished, original full-length plays in any genre.
• Musicals, translations, individual one-acts, and any play previously submitted for the Sky Cooper or David Calicchio Prizes are not eligible.
• Plays may not have received or be scheduled for a full-scale, professional production prior to submission (plays that have had a workshop, reading, or non-professional production are eligible).
• Playwrights must be citizens of the United States.
• Only one submission per playwright is allowed each year; you may submit the same play for both prizes.
PHASE I: Submit a completed online submission form and 10 pages of consecutive sample dialogue.
Agents may submit full scripts of their client’s work. Please do not send full scripts for Phase I unless via an agent or professional representation; unsolicited scripts will not be read.
We prefer sample pages attached to the online submission form in .pdf or .doc format, with last name, first name, (title of the play) as the document title. For example: Wilson, August (Seven Guitars).pdf.
All scripts will be read by a member of the Marin Theatre Company artistic staff. Please do not send more than the requested materials. Do not send videos, CDs or DVDs. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Due to the high number of submissions, not every playwright will receive a response to their Phase I submission. No materials will be returned.
PHASE II: Selected submissions will be invited to send full scripts for Phase II. All full scripts that have been solicited after Phase I will be read by a member of the Marin Theatre Company artistic staff.
Winners will be chosen from among submitted and solicited scripts; final selections are made by Jasson Minadakis, Artistic Director.
Submissions are accepted between July 1 and August 31, 2013 (postmarked).
For questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com. Please, no phone inquiries.
Norton J. “Sky” Cooper established the Emerging American Playwright Prize award at Marin Theatre Company in 2007 in honor of David Calicchios lifelong career as a playwright and in support of Marin Theatre Company’s commitment to the discovery and development of new and emerging American playwrights. The Calicchio Prize will be awarded annually to a professionally unproduced playwright for a new work that shows outstanding promise and a distinctive new voice for the American theatre. The play selected as the Calicchio Prize winner will receive 2 public staged readings at Marin Theatre Company as part of the theatres annual New Works Series. The playwright will receive a $2,500 award, as well as travel and accommodations for the MTC rehearsal period (25 hours).
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Saturday, June 21, 2014
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- PICK OF THE VINE – Season 13 (2015)
- The New York New Works Theatre Festival seeks shor...
- Seeking never produced before original short 1 act...
- North Park Playwright Festival
- The PlayOffs at Horse & Cart 2014
- Statement from the Dramatists Guild
- Call for original short plays by playwrights from ...
- Panglossian Productions' Pop Up Theater, an annual...
- Proscenium Journal Now Accepting Submissions
- This Is Water Theatre is currently seeking plays
- Discount tickets for NYCPlaywrights - MURDER FOR T...
- Marin Theatre Company seeks submissions for its 20...
- Heiress Productions is now accepting submissions f...
- South Street Players seeking short plays for Tri-S...
- WIN TWO TICKETS TO ACCIDENTAL PERVERT! or take adv...
- NYCPlaywrights Play of the Month: US by David Copp...
- FWD Theatre Project seeks new American musicals
- Write Now call for Theater for Young Audiences (TY...
- Cimientos seeks plays in English and Spanish
- Arch and Bruce Brown LGBT Competition
- CITY THEATRE of St. Petersburg, Florida SEEKS ONE ...
- Elite Theatre Company World Premiere Play
- CALL FOR 10 MINUTE PLAYS ON STUDENT DEBT CRISIS
- MITF Presents Special July Short Play Lab - Cash P...
- Women in Theatre: Ruby Dee, actress
- WIN TWO TICKETS TO THE ANTHEM! or take advantage o...
- Theatre d'Art seeks full-length scripts
- Call for Short Plays Featuring Good Roles for Wome...
- downSTAGEright, on behalf of STAGEright, seeks sho...
- The 4th annual NEWvember New Plays Festival
- Project Y offers discount tickets for Playwrights ...
- Children’s Theater Playwright Competition
- Mixed Blood submission guidelines
- Mystery On The Menu seeks ten-minute murder myster...
- The Morrissey Playwriting Contest
- Seeking plays by parents 2014
- CALL FOR 15 MINUTE PLAYS - COMMONWEALTH GAMES
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays
- ▼ June (38)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)