In a world… where kids rule the woods and sharks roam the beach. Where no high dive is too high and no bikini too low. Where sunburns outlive true love. This summer… one theatre company… will challenge you to confess what you really did on your summer vacation. So we can put it on stage for everyone to see. And in the grand tradition of the back of math class and that first back-to-school essay, lies are encouraged.
The 2014 theme is What I Did On My Summer Vacation
Submission deadline: July 1
Length: 10 pages or fewer
Please send the script and a brief bio or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pop Up Theater is an annual performance of original ten-minute plays. Plays range from fully staged scenes to book-in-hand readings. The intent is for artists to get a work on its feet, in front of an audience, and see where it goes. The theme of each Pop Up Theater allows artists to find inspiration for a new story, focus an idea that has been stewing for a while, or dust off an old scene for a new life. The plays can be monologues, poems, skits, excerpts from larger plays, musical pieces, movement or dance, even performance art – as long as they fit the theme. You provide the work, and we’ll help you with directors and actors. The performance will be staged for a live audience and will be live streamed on-line via HowlRoundTV on August 31.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Sunday, June 22, 2014
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- PICK OF THE VINE – Season 13 (2015)
- The New York New Works Theatre Festival seeks shor...
- Seeking never produced before original short 1 act...
- North Park Playwright Festival
- The PlayOffs at Horse & Cart 2014
- Statement from the Dramatists Guild
- Call for original short plays by playwrights from ...
- Panglossian Productions' Pop Up Theater, an annual...
- Proscenium Journal Now Accepting Submissions
- This Is Water Theatre is currently seeking plays
- Discount tickets for NYCPlaywrights - MURDER FOR T...
- Marin Theatre Company seeks submissions for its 20...
- Heiress Productions is now accepting submissions f...
- South Street Players seeking short plays for Tri-S...
- WIN TWO TICKETS TO ACCIDENTAL PERVERT! or take adv...
- NYCPlaywrights Play of the Month: US by David Copp...
- FWD Theatre Project seeks new American musicals
- Write Now call for Theater for Young Audiences (TY...
- Cimientos seeks plays in English and Spanish
- Arch and Bruce Brown LGBT Competition
- CITY THEATRE of St. Petersburg, Florida SEEKS ONE ...
- Elite Theatre Company World Premiere Play
- CALL FOR 10 MINUTE PLAYS ON STUDENT DEBT CRISIS
- MITF Presents Special July Short Play Lab - Cash P...
- Women in Theatre: Ruby Dee, actress
- WIN TWO TICKETS TO THE ANTHEM! or take advantage o...
- Theatre d'Art seeks full-length scripts
- Call for Short Plays Featuring Good Roles for Wome...
- downSTAGEright, on behalf of STAGEright, seeks sho...
- The 4th annual NEWvember New Plays Festival
- Project Y offers discount tickets for Playwrights ...
- Children’s Theater Playwright Competition
- Mixed Blood submission guidelines
- Mystery On The Menu seeks ten-minute murder myster...
- The Morrissey Playwriting Contest
- Seeking plays by parents 2014
- CALL FOR 15 MINUTE PLAYS - COMMONWEALTH GAMES
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays
- ▼ June (38)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)