Athena Project is proud to announce the call for submissions for its Plays In Progress Series (PIP Series). This series will take place in Denver at The Aurora Fox Studio Theater over the course of 3 weekends, March 20-April 5, 2015, as part of a larger arts festival celebrating women artists, including the yet-to-be named world premiere, winner of this year’s PIP Series. Four new plays will be selected based on a blind submission process and given a dramaturg, director, designers, cast and workshop presentation during the festival. One play from the 2015 PIP Series will win a full production to be produced in March of 2016, based on a combination of audience vote and board input.
Scripts are being accepted online from now until midnight, July 31, 2014.
Submission Guidelines are as follows:
1. Playwright must be female and may only submit ONE full-length script.
2. The play must not ever have had a fully mounted production. Prior workshop presentations are permissible but the script must be a new version since the time of the workshop.
3. Submission must include:
--Full copy of script (without playwright contact info*)
--Character breakdown (without playwright contact info*)
--Short synopsis of script (300 word limit, without playwright contact info*)
--Cover letter addressing what the playwright would like to accomplish with the workshop presentation and how she heard about the call for submissions
*Contact info must be listed ONLY on resume and cover letter, not on script or any other documents (submissions will be read blind). All documents should include the Title of the Play, but no playwright contact information.
4. Plays submitted without all supporting materials included will be disqualified.
5. We recommend the playwright be able to travel to the area for rehearsals as needed if selected (or may Skype in). Attendance at least one workshop production performance during the festival at the playwright's own expense is mandatory. We will select 4 playwrights to participate in the PIP Series and hope to strike a balance between local and national work. Exact rehearsal and performance schedules will be worked out with the director, dramaturg, and playwright after all plays are selected.
Questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions section below.
Please contact our Literary Manager, Patrick Elkins-Zeglarski email@example.com if you have any questions about submitting. You will receive an automatic confirmation email upon receipt of materials.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Seeking Fringe reviewers
- Fourth Wall Review seeks works of any length, genr...
- Athena Project seeks plays
- Script Submissions for the 4th Annual New Play-Rea...
- SoYoCo is looking for featured artists
- New Dramatists Residency
- COLLAB staged reading series
- $10,000 Shakespeare’s Sister Fellowship
- Overtime Theater 2015 Call for Submissions
- Call for Submission: UNFringed Festival at The Sec...
- Call for Submissions for the third BUA Takes 10: L...
- 2014 ONE ACT NEW PLAY COMPETITION
- Nylon Fusion seeks submissions for the Political P...
- PLAYHOUSE CREATURES THEATRE NYC IS SEEKING SUBMISS...
- Young playwrights wanted
- YouthPLAYS seeks work for young audiences
- SECOND ANNUAL UMASS NEW PLAY LAB: CALL FOR SUBMISS...
- DEATHSCRIBE seeks 10-minute plays
- Plays for young audiences wanted
- SEEKING NEW MEMBERS FOR PLAY GROUP 2015
- Everyday Inferno seeks plays
- Love Creek Productions producing one acts, etc.
- BMI LEHMAN ENGEL MUSICAL THEATER WORKSHOP
- Eudora New Plays Series 2014
- LULZ for Playwrights
- The International Music and Entertainment Associat...
- We are seeking new short plays and projects for Ri...
- Seeking 18 Playwrights to participate in Three 24...
- Seeking playwright for collaborative work in devel...
- Monologues and short plays wanted
- HIP Literary Magazine searches for plays
- New words wanted
- Seeking new musicals for kids
- MRTʼs FALL ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION
- PLAYING WITH SCIENCE SHORT PLAY EXPERIMENT
- Open call at The Space
- Pause & Play seeks short plays
- Wordsmyth Theater is now accepting submissions
- Call for original short Halloween plays by tri-sta...
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre is now accepting submis...
- ▼ July (40)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)