Each December, WildClaw produces the DEATHSCRIBE Festival of Horror Radio Plays. DEATHSCRIBE is an open submission, international festival and writing competition. Writers may submit up to two radio plays to DEATHSCRIBE in any given year.
Five scripts will be selected from all submissions. After being selected, there will be an opportunity for the authors to refine and revise these scripts (if deemed necessary) in collaboration with WildClaw Theatre Company. There will be a “Best of the Fest” award, with the winner chosen by a celebrity panel of judges on the night of performance to receive the coveted Bloody Axe Award.
All submissions must be made electronically; please make sure your script is formatted correctly according to the guidelines (see below) and submit your script as an attachment to email@example.com. Please include the title of your play in the subject line.
• Scripts must be no more than TEN MINUTES in length.
• Writers may submit up to two (2) scripts for Deathscribe consideration in any year.
• PDF format is strongly preferred. If PDF is not possible, then only MS Word please. All scripts must have a title page with all contact information, but no identifying information should appear anywhere else in the document. Submissions must be in a standard font and no less than 12 point.
• NO SCREENPLAYS. SCREENPLAYS WILL BE DISCARDED. WE KNOW THEM WHEN WE SEE THEM. (Nothing against screenplays. But this is a radio play festival.)
• DO NOT submit full-length plays for consideration in Deathscribe. They will be discarded. If you wish to submit a full-length horror play to WildClaw, see our general submission guidelines.
• Scripts should follow radio drama format. Helpful suggestions and examples are available here:
Deadline: August 1