Now Accepting Submissions for Play Group 2015
All emerging playwrights are eligible to apply. New members join for two-year residencies beginning in January of 2015. In selecting new members, we will take into account the strength of the submitted play, what the writer stands to gain from membership at this point in his or her career, and the overall balance of voices and styles within the group. Women and writers of color are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
The application is available here. Applications require a full-length play, a playwriting resume and a personal statement. All attachments must be saved as PDFs.
Please attached the following to your completed online application form and submit it by August 3, 2014. All applications will be reviewed and finalists will be notified by December 15, 2014. Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
- Your play (please save as LAST NAME, FIRST NAME PLAY TITLE)
- Your resume (please save as LAST NAME, FIRST NAME RESUME)
- A personal statement (please save as LAST NAME, FIRST NAME STATEMENT)
ABOUT PLAY GROUP
This vibrant and eclectic group of emerging playwrights gathers twice a month at Ars Nova to share new work and get feedback. The group offers members the chance to develop their plays with peer support, form collaborative relationships and build a strong sense of community within Ars Nova. In addition, members receive dramaturgical support and artistic matchmaking advice from the Ars Nova artistic staff and development opportunities through public readings and workshops.
For more information: http://arsnovanyc.com/playgroup/
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Seeking Fringe reviewers
- Fourth Wall Review seeks works of any length, genr...
- Athena Project seeks plays
- Script Submissions for the 4th Annual New Play-Rea...
- SoYoCo is looking for featured artists
- New Dramatists Residency
- COLLAB staged reading series
- $10,000 Shakespeare’s Sister Fellowship
- Overtime Theater 2015 Call for Submissions
- Call for Submission: UNFringed Festival at The Sec...
- Call for Submissions for the third BUA Takes 10: L...
- 2014 ONE ACT NEW PLAY COMPETITION
- Nylon Fusion seeks submissions for the Political P...
- PLAYHOUSE CREATURES THEATRE NYC IS SEEKING SUBMISS...
- Young playwrights wanted
- YouthPLAYS seeks work for young audiences
- SECOND ANNUAL UMASS NEW PLAY LAB: CALL FOR SUBMISS...
- DEATHSCRIBE seeks 10-minute plays
- Plays for young audiences wanted
- SEEKING NEW MEMBERS FOR PLAY GROUP 2015
- Everyday Inferno seeks plays
- Love Creek Productions producing one acts, etc.
- BMI LEHMAN ENGEL MUSICAL THEATER WORKSHOP
- Eudora New Plays Series 2014
- LULZ for Playwrights
- The International Music and Entertainment Associat...
- We are seeking new short plays and projects for Ri...
- Seeking 18 Playwrights to participate in Three 24...
- Seeking playwright for collaborative work in devel...
- Monologues and short plays wanted
- HIP Literary Magazine searches for plays
- New words wanted
- Seeking new musicals for kids
- MRTʼs FALL ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION
- PLAYING WITH SCIENCE SHORT PLAY EXPERIMENT
- Open call at The Space
- Pause & Play seeks short plays
- Wordsmyth Theater is now accepting submissions
- Call for original short Halloween plays by tri-sta...
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre is now accepting submis...
- ▼ July (40)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)