We are seeking new short plays and projects for Rising Sun’s 2014 & 2015 Seasons for potential Parks and regional touring. These plays should be exciting and imaginative. We are looking for works that are highly theatrical, with a sense of whimsy and innovation for outdoor performance and regional/festival touring. Educational elements are also welcome.
Plays should fit the following criteria:
· Original Unpublished Play (or modernized adapted classic-
No Shakespeare adaptations)
· Not previously performed in NYC
· 45 to 60 Minutes running time (no more than 60 pages)
· Highly Theatrical/Stylized (Old school medicine or trunk show style)
· Easily portable for travel and outdoor non amplified venues
· Appropriate for Performance Outdoors in Parks and non-traditional venues
· Appropriate for all ages
· Cast size should be 4 to 8 People
· Subject and thematic matter is open as long as its family friendly
We are open to an existing Director/Playwright collaboration/team for this project, as well as reviewing treatments/proposals for development of new work or works in progress for our outdoor/touring programming.
Please include the following:
· Cover Letter, including your contact information
· Play Synopsis and/ or treatment proposal
· Cast breakdown
· Script in word or PDF format
· List of previous full productions/publishing (do not include readings)
· Any other pertinent information
Please send submissions and all materials toPlaysubmissions@risingsunnyc.com no later than July 15th
INCLUDE OUTDOOR PROGRAMMING IN SUBJECT LINE
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (597)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- Seeking Fringe reviewers
- Fourth Wall Review seeks works of any length, genr...
- Athena Project seeks plays
- Script Submissions for the 4th Annual New Play-Rea...
- SoYoCo is looking for featured artists
- New Dramatists Residency
- COLLAB staged reading series
- $10,000 Shakespeare’s Sister Fellowship
- Overtime Theater 2015 Call for Submissions
- Call for Submission: UNFringed Festival at The Sec...
- Call for Submissions for the third BUA Takes 10: L...
- 2014 ONE ACT NEW PLAY COMPETITION
- Nylon Fusion seeks submissions for the Political P...
- PLAYHOUSE CREATURES THEATRE NYC IS SEEKING SUBMISS...
- Young playwrights wanted
- YouthPLAYS seeks work for young audiences
- SECOND ANNUAL UMASS NEW PLAY LAB: CALL FOR SUBMISS...
- DEATHSCRIBE seeks 10-minute plays
- Plays for young audiences wanted
- SEEKING NEW MEMBERS FOR PLAY GROUP 2015
- Everyday Inferno seeks plays
- Love Creek Productions producing one acts, etc.
- BMI LEHMAN ENGEL MUSICAL THEATER WORKSHOP
- Eudora New Plays Series 2014
- LULZ for Playwrights
- The International Music and Entertainment Associat...
- We are seeking new short plays and projects for Ri...
- Seeking 18 Playwrights to participate in Three 24...
- Seeking playwright for collaborative work in devel...
- Monologues and short plays wanted
- HIP Literary Magazine searches for plays
- New words wanted
- Seeking new musicals for kids
- MRTʼs FALL ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION
- PLAYING WITH SCIENCE SHORT PLAY EXPERIMENT
- Open call at The Space
- Pause & Play seeks short plays
- Wordsmyth Theater is now accepting submissions
- Call for original short Halloween plays by tri-sta...
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre is now accepting submis...
- ▼ July (40)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)