The Flux Salon series based in Seattle is currently accepting new play submissions. The Salon is produced by Forward Flux Productions, an arts production company in NYC and Seattle who's mission is to present innovative projects that connect people with art in unexpected ways. Please find all the details below:
The Flux Salon is a new works series that offers play readings in living rooms and unconventional spaces throughout Seattle. It is an intimate evening of art and conversation for an invite-only crowd. We focus on presenting the best new plays from around the country that have rarely or never been seen. The readings are book-in-hand, and the playwrights have an opportunity to engage with the audience for a post-reading talk back (either in person, or via Skype).
What we are looking for:
We are seeking stellar, full-length, polished new works from fresh voices. Specifically seeking plays that speak to the right now (modern themes and settings preferred). The piece should be unknown to most audiences (no Seattle productions, although out-of-town, school, workshop, reading, or theatre festival productions are acceptable). Works by or featuring women and/or under-represented voices are strongly encouraged to submit. Please limit your submissions to plays that have 6 or fewer characters.
If chosen, your play will get a reading at one of our upcoming Salons in Seattle. It will be performed in front of influential Seattle arts patrons, and we will work with you to frame a helpful post-performance conversation so you can get the feedback you want from the audience (if desired). In addition, you will be offered a stipend of $100, with potential for your play to continue on for a full production with Forward Flux at a future date.
How to submit:
To submit, please send the following in an email to email@example.com
- A one paragraph synopsis
- A brief bio
- Links to relevant reviews (if available)
- A character breakdown (remember: no more than 6 characters please)
- The script in PDF format
Multiple submissions are allowed, and can be included in the same email.
We will respond within 3 months.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- North By South Theatre Los Angeles is now acceptin...
- Editing is hard. Let us help.
- Fringe Theatre Company seeks 10-minute plays about...
- Attention political playwrights: Call For Entries ...
- The Exit 7 New Short Play Contest
- The Thistle Dew Theatre & KTDT Drama-dy seeks mon...
- CULLMAN FELLOWSHIP 2015-2016
- The Seven Dictators Playwriting Competition
- Crazytownblog seeks participants
- Submissions are currently being accepted for Heire...
- Discounted writing class at Primary Stages ESPA
- VARIATIONS THEATRE GROUP’S CALL FOR FULL LENGTH PL...
- 10-MINUTE PLAYS FOR HIGH SCHOOL/MIDDLE SCHOOL ANTH...
- 12th Annual NJPC – Play Series
- Small Fish Radio seeks radio plays
- Kings Head Theatre: FLOURISH - the new opera compe...
- Strange Sun Theater, The Greenhouse Project seeks ...
- THE FATAL WEAKNESS discount tickets for NYCPlaywri...
- Secret Theatre’s play festival Act One: One Act is...
- The Pirate Project
- The Naked Expedition Project (TNEP) is currently a...
- Endeavor Ensemble seeks full-length plays
- Thespian Production is seeking full length plays
- PLAY DEVELOPMENT PRODUCTION PROGRAM at Manhattan ...
- 11th Annual Playwrights and Artists Festival Call ...
- Stay Awake! seeks 10 minute plays
- The Flux Salon - Now Accepting New Play Submission...
- The Hive Theatre company is seeking submissions fo...
- ACADIANA REP SEEKS SUBMISSIONS
- Yale Drama Series playwriting competition
- Diez Minutos 2015 seeks 10-minute plays
- The Portland Civic Theatre Guild is seeking submis...
- Civil War monologues wanted
- 3rd Annual Bad Theater Fest seeks plays
- 2015 New York Children's Theater Festival
- Asylum Theatre seeks plays
- Fertile Ground 2015 readings
- Seeking plays for a Night of One-Acts
- ▼ August (39)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)