Hive Exposed Series 2015
The goal of the Hive Exposed series is to present staged readings of new and underexposed playwrights and to share the work of those playwrights with the NYC community.
Of all the submissions, The Hive will choose four plays (musicals also accepted) to stage as readings in winter/spring of 2015. Our goal is to choose one of the four selected pieces to later be mounted as a full production.
The Hive is deeply committed to nurturing artists of all ages, type, and background.
2013’s Exposed reading of A Brief History of the Soviet Union by Vladimir Zelevinsky was mounted as part of our 2014 Season. From 2014’s Exposed Series, we plan to produce The Accidental Death of Nelson Fritz by Noah Schechter as part of our 2015 season.
The Hive’s Mission:
DEVISE through collaboration with an emphasis on experimentation. EXPOSE what must be said for those who won’t say it and for those who refuse to hear it. ILLUMINATE our fears because the truth is what scares us the most.
We are committed to:
- Producing original works created from the ground up by the full company, reinventing the classics, and fostering the work of new and underexposed playwrights.
- Providing affordable productions that engage audiences as participants in an immersive theatrical event rather than simply spectators
- Nurturing artists in and around the NYC metro area
- Continuing to demonstrate how theater raises social awareness
- Reaching out to artists, audiences and sponsors in order to enrich and expand our community.
Hive Exposed Series Submission Guidelines:
- The deadline for submissions is August 15, 2014
- All submissions should be sent by visiting www.thehivetheatre.com, clicking on “Exposed Series Submissions”, and filling out the required form.
- Any questions should be sent to
- Only original, non-published scripts will be accepted. File type: PDF
- A character breakdown, brief description or synopsis of the play, and the script must accompany all submissions. These must all be uploaded in one PDF document via the submission form.
- If you are submitting a musical for consideration, please send up to 3 songs from the musical in mp3 format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and the title of the musical in the subject line. You must still complete the form and upload the script via the website as requested above. If your musical makes it to the final round, The Hive will request recordings of all songs in the piece.
- No one man plays or 10 minute plays will be accepted. - We will only accept two submissions per playwright
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (600)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- North By South Theatre Los Angeles is now acceptin...
- Editing is hard. Let us help.
- Fringe Theatre Company seeks 10-minute plays about...
- Attention political playwrights: Call For Entries ...
- The Exit 7 New Short Play Contest
- The Thistle Dew Theatre & KTDT Drama-dy seeks mon...
- CULLMAN FELLOWSHIP 2015-2016
- The Seven Dictators Playwriting Competition
- Crazytownblog seeks participants
- Submissions are currently being accepted for Heire...
- Discounted writing class at Primary Stages ESPA
- VARIATIONS THEATRE GROUP’S CALL FOR FULL LENGTH PL...
- 10-MINUTE PLAYS FOR HIGH SCHOOL/MIDDLE SCHOOL ANTH...
- 12th Annual NJPC – Play Series
- Small Fish Radio seeks radio plays
- Kings Head Theatre: FLOURISH - the new opera compe...
- Strange Sun Theater, The Greenhouse Project seeks ...
- THE FATAL WEAKNESS discount tickets for NYCPlaywri...
- Secret Theatre’s play festival Act One: One Act is...
- The Pirate Project
- The Naked Expedition Project (TNEP) is currently a...
- Endeavor Ensemble seeks full-length plays
- Thespian Production is seeking full length plays
- PLAY DEVELOPMENT PRODUCTION PROGRAM at Manhattan ...
- 11th Annual Playwrights and Artists Festival Call ...
- Stay Awake! seeks 10 minute plays
- The Flux Salon - Now Accepting New Play Submission...
- The Hive Theatre company is seeking submissions fo...
- ACADIANA REP SEEKS SUBMISSIONS
- Yale Drama Series playwriting competition
- Diez Minutos 2015 seeks 10-minute plays
- The Portland Civic Theatre Guild is seeking submis...
- Civil War monologues wanted
- 3rd Annual Bad Theater Fest seeks plays
- 2015 New York Children's Theater Festival
- Asylum Theatre seeks plays
- Fertile Ground 2015 readings
- Seeking plays for a Night of One-Acts
- ▼ August (39)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)