Backwell Playhouse will be presenting classic-style radio plays in 2015, which will be released as free podcasts shortly after recording.
We are looking for plays that can be recorded in a radio style, with the ability to tell a story without visuals.
The plays can be of any length (although preference would be between 15-45 mins long), and for any number of actors. They can also be of any genre and style, from drama to comedy, noir to science fiction. We are looking for a diverse collection of plays to present an interesting range for listeners and actors alike.
The plays will be recorded in front of a live studio audience – with the cast performing as many sound effects as possible live.
Initially we will be recording 3-5 shows at a single performance. However, should the recordings prove to be a success, we would hope to record more in the future.
Sadly, no payment can be made for the use of the plays. However, the copyright for the play will remain with the writer who will be appropriately credited for the work in distribution. Copyright for all other elements of the production, including distribution, will remain with the Playhouse.
If you are interested in submitting a script for our consideration, or for any more details, please contact Jon Coupe firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last date for submission is 31st March 2015.
Backwell Playhouse is a small, volunteer-run theatre, found just south of Bristol. For more information about the Playhouse, please visit our website, www.BackwellPlayhouse.co.uk
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (597)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Rover Seconds
- Landmark 2015 seeks 10-minute plays
- ROM COM CONGRATULATIONS!
- Seeking never produced before original short 1 ACT...
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM: Saturday, March 28 @8PM
- LeaseLab invites playwrights to work collaborative...
- GI60 one-minute play festival
- Theatre Southwest Festival of Originals
- FADE TO BLACK PLAY FESTIVAL seeks 10-minute plays
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre radio play submission gui...
- Script Match database
- SEEKING SUBMISSIONS- NEW WORKS AND WRITERS FOR UNM...
- Moonlit Wings seeks plays for young audiences
- McKinney Repertory Theatre (MRT) 5th Annual MRT Ne...
- The Franklin Furnace Fund Application 2015-2016
- Deadline Extended to May 1st Piney Fork Press/Equ...
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- PRINCESS GRACE AWARDS PLAYWRITING FELLOWSHIP
- Free theater in San Diego: SISTERS IN THE SYSTEM
- Slingshot New Works Series Season 2 Episode 2: 'Sc...
- Chagrin Valley Little Theatre 10-10 Festival
- Theatre Conspiracy New Play Contest
- Pride Films and Plays: Call for Sapphic Scripts
- Opera script writer wanted
- Vignettes for the Apocalypse
- THE SEVEN - FUSION's 10th annual short works festi...
- Submission Call from Theatre Nova in Ann Arbor
- FREE THEATER IN NYC: SHAME by Sholeh Wolpé, a read...
- Cupcake Lady Productions seeks bad plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Seeing Place submission guidelines
- MadLab Theater seeks full-length plays
- Backwell Playhouse seeks radio plays
- The Puzzle is looking for 10-minute plays
- Call for Submissions for Theatre@First's Eighth An...
- Studio C Artists seeks one acts
- Gulfport Community Players (Gulfport, Florida) see...
- Accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s M...
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Company Development Lab
- Free theater in Chicago: INSERT HEART HERE
- Free theater: RED WINE IN PAPER CUPS
- Free theater: WOMAN at the Countee Cullen NYCPL
- The Collective NY seeks submissions for the third ...
- Applause Theatre & Cinema Books is looking for mat...
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre accepts script submission...
- HBO Seeks Diverse, Emerging Writers for HBOAccess ...
- ▼ March (46)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)