The Lab is designed to create a safe space for playwrights to come together, experiment, and inspire each other to create new and refreshing work that departs from what we might be more inclined to write on our own. The Lab will be led by ECC Artistic Director, Tess Howsam and Literary Director, Blake Bishton.
We will meet twice a week for the duration of April.
After voting and agreeing on a theme that gets everyone's creative juices flowing at the initial meeting, writers will then begin to both receive and submit prompts that the group will use as jumping off points for the work they create. All writers will be expected to produce approximately 10 pages of work a week. The goal is for every writer to have a draft of a new short one-act play by the end of the process.
At the conclusion of the lab, ECC will produce a public reading of each play as part of ECC's Drinks and Drama Reading Series, to take place in May. This series will feature a different Brooklyn bar as a setting for each reading!
Exquisite Corpse Company is a Brooklyn-based, performance and integrated arts company. ECC focuses both on promoting work within the theatre - on or off stage - and on creating pieces that integrate other creative mediums. For more about the company, please visit: www.exquisitecorpecompany.com.
To submit, please send us a resumé and a sample of your writing approximately 30 pages in length. This can be taken from a larger work, or be a stand alone piece.
In addition, please give us your weekly availability and conflicts for the months of April and May.
Deadline for submissions is March 25, 2015.
For more information or to submit, please email@example.com.
We look forward to reading your submissions!
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Saturday, March 21, 2015
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Rover Seconds
- Landmark 2015 seeks 10-minute plays
- ROM COM CONGRATULATIONS!
- Seeking never produced before original short 1 ACT...
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM: Saturday, March 28 @8PM
- LeaseLab invites playwrights to work collaborative...
- GI60 one-minute play festival
- Theatre Southwest Festival of Originals
- FADE TO BLACK PLAY FESTIVAL seeks 10-minute plays
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre radio play submission gui...
- Script Match database
- SEEKING SUBMISSIONS- NEW WORKS AND WRITERS FOR UNM...
- Moonlit Wings seeks plays for young audiences
- McKinney Repertory Theatre (MRT) 5th Annual MRT Ne...
- The Franklin Furnace Fund Application 2015-2016
- Deadline Extended to May 1st Piney Fork Press/Equ...
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- PRINCESS GRACE AWARDS PLAYWRITING FELLOWSHIP
- Free theater in San Diego: SISTERS IN THE SYSTEM
- Slingshot New Works Series Season 2 Episode 2: 'Sc...
- Chagrin Valley Little Theatre 10-10 Festival
- Theatre Conspiracy New Play Contest
- Pride Films and Plays: Call for Sapphic Scripts
- Opera script writer wanted
- Vignettes for the Apocalypse
- THE SEVEN - FUSION's 10th annual short works festi...
- Submission Call from Theatre Nova in Ann Arbor
- FREE THEATER IN NYC: SHAME by Sholeh Wolpé, a read...
- Cupcake Lady Productions seeks bad plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Seeing Place submission guidelines
- MadLab Theater seeks full-length plays
- Backwell Playhouse seeks radio plays
- The Puzzle is looking for 10-minute plays
- Call for Submissions for Theatre@First's Eighth An...
- Studio C Artists seeks one acts
- Gulfport Community Players (Gulfport, Florida) see...
- Accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s M...
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Company Development Lab
- Free theater in Chicago: INSERT HEART HERE
- Free theater: RED WINE IN PAPER CUPS
- Free theater: WOMAN at the Countee Cullen NYCPL
- The Collective NY seeks submissions for the third ...
- Applause Theatre & Cinema Books is looking for mat...
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre accepts script submission...
- HBO Seeks Diverse, Emerging Writers for HBOAccess ...
- ▼ March (46)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)