Four Quarter Theater involves theatrical writers, directors, and actors in collaboration to develop and to workshop previously unproduced ten-minute works in NYC. In each quarter of the year, and aligning with the seasons, Four Quarter Theater aims to produce a new set of ten-minute works. Each season is framed around a theme, which relates to the season in which the quarter falls.
Four Quarters Theater is currently accepting 10 minute plays for Four Quarter Theater’s upcoming play series. The theme for our upcoming Spring series is ALLERGIES. The theme is open to artistic interpretation and is provided as a thematic framework to guide the playwright. Below please find our submission requirements and additional guidance to successfully submit your piece to Four Quarter Theater. We are currently accepting submissions until April 1, 2015.
If you have any questions or to submit a play, please contact our Play Selection Committee Chair, Dana Trottier, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only original and never before produced plays are eligible for consideration.
The play must be presentable in ten minutes (generally between seven to ten pages of dialogue).
Cast should not exceed 5 actors.
The performance will be held mid-May to mid-June at a theater space in Manhattan. Selected playwrights are encouraged to attend performances.
There is a submission limit of three plays. Plays not chosen for this quarter may be considered for future series if considered by the company to be theme appropriate.
Please do not submit first drafts. Due to the number of submissions, Four Quarter Theater can only read any play one time. Please submit the best and final version of your play for consideration.
Submissions should include two separate PDF documents:
1) cover letter
2) script of play.
Submissions are accepted electronically only at email@example.com and our current deadline for submissions is April 1, 2015.
Title, author’s name, address, phone number, email address.
Cover letter is the only document that the playwright’s name should appear on.
A description of the play that is no more than ½ page in length—this need not be a summary, but may include description of the play’s world, the characters, the conflict, reason for writing the piece, connection to series theme, etc.
Playwright’s name should not appear anywhere on the actual script document.
Title and page number must appear at the top of each page of the script.
Title page should include at least the title, cast of characters, time and place.
Script should be approximately 7 to 10 pages not including title page and include completed dialogue as plays cannot be edited after submission.
Selection of Plays
The play selection process is conducted by the Play Selection Committee. Plays are read blindly and at no time during the selection process will the playwright’s name be directly associated with the submitted script. As many as six plays are selected each series (approximately 4 times a year).
Four Quarter Theater is committed to highlighting work of emerging artists. There is no financial compensation for entries, nor is any financial commitment required by the playwright.
Four Quarter Theater reserves the sole right to make all production decisions with regard to the plays selected.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Rover Seconds
- Landmark 2015 seeks 10-minute plays
- ROM COM CONGRATULATIONS!
- Seeking never produced before original short 1 ACT...
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM: Saturday, March 28 @8PM
- LeaseLab invites playwrights to work collaborative...
- GI60 one-minute play festival
- Theatre Southwest Festival of Originals
- FADE TO BLACK PLAY FESTIVAL seeks 10-minute plays
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre radio play submission gui...
- Script Match database
- SEEKING SUBMISSIONS- NEW WORKS AND WRITERS FOR UNM...
- Moonlit Wings seeks plays for young audiences
- McKinney Repertory Theatre (MRT) 5th Annual MRT Ne...
- The Franklin Furnace Fund Application 2015-2016
- Deadline Extended to May 1st Piney Fork Press/Equ...
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- PRINCESS GRACE AWARDS PLAYWRITING FELLOWSHIP
- Free theater in San Diego: SISTERS IN THE SYSTEM
- Slingshot New Works Series Season 2 Episode 2: 'Sc...
- Chagrin Valley Little Theatre 10-10 Festival
- Theatre Conspiracy New Play Contest
- Pride Films and Plays: Call for Sapphic Scripts
- Opera script writer wanted
- Vignettes for the Apocalypse
- THE SEVEN - FUSION's 10th annual short works festi...
- Submission Call from Theatre Nova in Ann Arbor
- FREE THEATER IN NYC: SHAME by Sholeh Wolpé, a read...
- Cupcake Lady Productions seeks bad plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Seeing Place submission guidelines
- MadLab Theater seeks full-length plays
- Backwell Playhouse seeks radio plays
- The Puzzle is looking for 10-minute plays
- Call for Submissions for Theatre@First's Eighth An...
- Studio C Artists seeks one acts
- Gulfport Community Players (Gulfport, Florida) see...
- Accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s M...
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Company Development Lab
- Free theater in Chicago: INSERT HEART HERE
- Free theater: RED WINE IN PAPER CUPS
- Free theater: WOMAN at the Countee Cullen NYCPL
- The Collective NY seeks submissions for the third ...
- Applause Theatre & Cinema Books is looking for mat...
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre accepts script submission...
- HBO Seeks Diverse, Emerging Writers for HBOAccess ...
- ▼ March (46)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)