Lakes Area Radio Theatre accepts script submissions from writers. Your original radio plays can be in any genre. Please see below for further guidelines regarding scripts.
Format Your script must be in a radio play format which differs from stage plays and screenplays. There are no stage directions, visual cues, lighting directions. The scripts should include easily discernible audio cues such as dialogue, sound effects (sfx), and music cues. Number the pages and number the lines starting over with 1 on each page for the lines.
Content We ask that content be suitable for all ages and family friendly. If you include innuendo and/or adult humor, please keep in mind some “children’s shows” which appealed to adults as well: Rocky and Bullwinkle, Fractured Fairytales, and the like. We broadcast our shows on a growing network of radio stations.
Length Lakes Area Radio Theatre has a 30 minute broadcast space to fill every other week. Plays can be 29-31 minutes in length. Script lengths are in the range of 5000 +/- words.
We will accept scripts for single shows
We will accept scripts that would run for 2 installments
We will accept a series of shorter plays which fill 30 minutes
Fame Not Fortune We pay a royalty fee of $30 per half hour of entertainment. This is based on input from radio script playwrights from around the USA as well as a BBC radio script writer.
Royalty Agreement If we accept and use your script, we will send you a writer’s agreement. This agreement will grant us the right to produce the script; it will grant us the right to reproduce as many copies of the script as needed to produce the script; it will grant us the broadcasting and rebroadcasting rights to the taped production (radio and podcasts); the writer retains all rights to their original and/or adapted work.
Return Policy We may not take the opportunity to use your script. There could be a number of reasons for this such as its length, content not deemed suitable for our audience, or just that we believe it needs more work. We will try to give feedback so that writers can edit and resubmit their work.
Script Submission We accept hard copies and electronic copies of scripts. Electronic copies are preferred.
Please send them to: Kent Garlinghouse, Script Director Lakes Area Radio Theatre 2214 Geneva Road NE Alexandria, MN 56308
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Rover Seconds
- Landmark 2015 seeks 10-minute plays
- ROM COM CONGRATULATIONS!
- Seeking never produced before original short 1 ACT...
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM: Saturday, March 28 @8PM
- LeaseLab invites playwrights to work collaborative...
- GI60 one-minute play festival
- Theatre Southwest Festival of Originals
- FADE TO BLACK PLAY FESTIVAL seeks 10-minute plays
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre radio play submission gui...
- Script Match database
- SEEKING SUBMISSIONS- NEW WORKS AND WRITERS FOR UNM...
- Moonlit Wings seeks plays for young audiences
- McKinney Repertory Theatre (MRT) 5th Annual MRT Ne...
- The Franklin Furnace Fund Application 2015-2016
- Deadline Extended to May 1st Piney Fork Press/Equ...
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- PRINCESS GRACE AWARDS PLAYWRITING FELLOWSHIP
- Free theater in San Diego: SISTERS IN THE SYSTEM
- Slingshot New Works Series Season 2 Episode 2: 'Sc...
- Chagrin Valley Little Theatre 10-10 Festival
- Theatre Conspiracy New Play Contest
- Pride Films and Plays: Call for Sapphic Scripts
- Opera script writer wanted
- Vignettes for the Apocalypse
- THE SEVEN - FUSION's 10th annual short works festi...
- Submission Call from Theatre Nova in Ann Arbor
- FREE THEATER IN NYC: SHAME by Sholeh Wolpé, a read...
- Cupcake Lady Productions seeks bad plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Seeing Place submission guidelines
- MadLab Theater seeks full-length plays
- Backwell Playhouse seeks radio plays
- The Puzzle is looking for 10-minute plays
- Call for Submissions for Theatre@First's Eighth An...
- Studio C Artists seeks one acts
- Gulfport Community Players (Gulfport, Florida) see...
- Accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s M...
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Company Development Lab
- Free theater in Chicago: INSERT HEART HERE
- Free theater: RED WINE IN PAPER CUPS
- Free theater: WOMAN at the Countee Cullen NYCPL
- The Collective NY seeks submissions for the third ...
- Applause Theatre & Cinema Books is looking for mat...
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre accepts script submission...
- HBO Seeks Diverse, Emerging Writers for HBOAccess ...
- ▼ March (46)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)