McKinney Repertory Theatre (MRT) is pleased to announce The 5th Annual MRT New Play Competition. MRT is committed to providing quality entertainment for the community, through cultural education and inspiration. We will begin our 13th season in the Fall of 2015 and would like to encourage new playwrights to share their inspirations and hard work with us. MRT offers the competition winner the chance to see the playwright’s work fully realized on stage, and we hope that the winning play will go on to numerous productions elsewhere as well.
Prize: An MRT committee will choose one play as the winner to fully produce during our 2015-2016 Season. The winner will be announced on or before July 31st, 2015.
1. Entries must be emailed in PDF format, no later than March 31, 2015.
2. Entries must be accompanied by a completed and signed and legible entry form.
3. Only original, full length, unpublished scripts will be accepted.
4. Plays must not have been previously produced nor have won awards.
However, previous stage and readings are acceptable.
5. Adaptations, translations, musicals and children’s plays will not be accepted.
6. Only one submission per playwright will be accepted. In the case of multiple
submissions, only the play determined by the committee to be the first
submission will be considered.
7. Casts of eight or fewer are preferred, with adult casts being preferred.
Please keep in mind that MRT is a family oriented theater company, so explicit
language, graphic violence, and so forth will eliminate the play for consideration.
8. Please feel free to check out our website at http://www.mckinneyrep.org/,
to see the types of plays we generally produce.
Only electronic submissions of PDF files will be accepted. All submissions must be accompanied by a completed, signed and legible entry form (see page 2). Send your email entry to (or click the following link) Info@McKinneyRep.org, with a subject line of “5th Annual MRT New Play Competition” along with your full name.
PLEASE NOTE: McKinney Repertory Theatre will have exclusive rights to produce the winner, royalty free during the 2015-2016 Season, and to use the names of winning play and playwright(s) in all MRT publicity and promotions. MRT will also have the right to make copies of the plays for production use. MRT reserves the right to accept or reject any submitted play. MRT also reserves the right to declare no winner. The decision of the committee is final. MRT will not provide transportation or housing for the winner during production, but will welcome your input in the process.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Sunday, March 22, 2015
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Rover Seconds
- Landmark 2015 seeks 10-minute plays
- ROM COM CONGRATULATIONS!
- Seeking never produced before original short 1 ACT...
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM: Saturday, March 28 @8PM
- LeaseLab invites playwrights to work collaborative...
- GI60 one-minute play festival
- Theatre Southwest Festival of Originals
- FADE TO BLACK PLAY FESTIVAL seeks 10-minute plays
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre radio play submission gui...
- Script Match database
- SEEKING SUBMISSIONS- NEW WORKS AND WRITERS FOR UNM...
- Moonlit Wings seeks plays for young audiences
- McKinney Repertory Theatre (MRT) 5th Annual MRT Ne...
- The Franklin Furnace Fund Application 2015-2016
- Deadline Extended to May 1st Piney Fork Press/Equ...
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- PRINCESS GRACE AWARDS PLAYWRITING FELLOWSHIP
- Free theater in San Diego: SISTERS IN THE SYSTEM
- Slingshot New Works Series Season 2 Episode 2: 'Sc...
- Chagrin Valley Little Theatre 10-10 Festival
- Theatre Conspiracy New Play Contest
- Pride Films and Plays: Call for Sapphic Scripts
- Opera script writer wanted
- Vignettes for the Apocalypse
- THE SEVEN - FUSION's 10th annual short works festi...
- Submission Call from Theatre Nova in Ann Arbor
- FREE THEATER IN NYC: SHAME by Sholeh Wolpé, a read...
- Cupcake Lady Productions seeks bad plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Seeing Place submission guidelines
- MadLab Theater seeks full-length plays
- Backwell Playhouse seeks radio plays
- The Puzzle is looking for 10-minute plays
- Call for Submissions for Theatre@First's Eighth An...
- Studio C Artists seeks one acts
- Gulfport Community Players (Gulfport, Florida) see...
- Accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s M...
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Company Development Lab
- Free theater in Chicago: INSERT HEART HERE
- Free theater: RED WINE IN PAPER CUPS
- Free theater: WOMAN at the Countee Cullen NYCPL
- The Collective NY seeks submissions for the third ...
- Applause Theatre & Cinema Books is looking for mat...
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre accepts script submission...
- HBO Seeks Diverse, Emerging Writers for HBOAccess ...
- ▼ March (46)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)