PLAYWRIGHTS - Seeking Scripts: Summer Season 2015 Open to Submissions!!
Moonlit Wings Pro, celebrated entertainment production in the National Capitol Area & beyond, is accepting play and musical script submissions for our professional Performing Arts Camp for youth ages 7-14. Selected scripts will be workshopped and produced this summer by a DC creative team & playwrights will receive a production review with materials.
-Plays or Musicals (straight plays are fine, although we will ask to work music into your play)
-Runtime: 20-40 minutes (hour long scripts may be submitted but we will ask to make necessary cuts)
-LARGE cast, 15 minimum - 35 maximum, ensemble shows preferred, female driven or gender neutral casts encouraged
-Material suitable to be performed by talent ages 7-14
Our theme this year is: "Season VIII: ‘GREAT 8: Championing our greatest qualities that make us unique " and we are especially seeking stories about embracing our differences and celebrating our similarities.
ABOUT OUR ORGANIZATION:
Since 2008, MWP has mounted over 40 world-premieres of new theatre-for-youth workshop productions every summer. This summer we are selecting 4 brand-new shows to workshop and produce. Each show rehearses for a 2-week session with a professional director, choreographer, & tech director/stage manager and concludes with a public performance at the end of each session. Playwrights are given a thorough production review from the creative team and the chance to debut and promote their work with our leading youth arts organization. This is our 8th year in partnership with the Fairfax County Park Authority (est. in 1950), the 6th largest county in the USA, located in the National Capital Area. More at moonlitwings.org or watch this short documentary from our 5-Year-Anniversary: http://youtu.be/WT0BmFwv6hs.
DEADLINE: Friday, April 3, 2015
**Please email the following to email@example.com with the header: "2015 Show Submission - TITLE HERE"
Then in the body of the email include the following info (bullet-points/list responses are okay):
-Are you part of an organization or group? If so, which one?
-Title? Is this a play or musical?
-Has this work been produced before?
-A VERY brief synopsis of the show (3-5 sentences)
-Does your entry relate to our "Great 8" theme (suggested, but we’re open to all submissions)? If "Yes", how so?
-Cast size / Runtime
-Attach the script
We will reply to selected playwrights by or before May 2015. Our past collaborations have been with authors having work published by NYC's Beat By Beat Press, Playscripts Inc., Eldridge Publishing, and several independent literary organizations. Please forward all questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!
LIKE us at Facebook.com/MoonlitWingsPro
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (597)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Rover Seconds
- Landmark 2015 seeks 10-minute plays
- ROM COM CONGRATULATIONS!
- Seeking never produced before original short 1 ACT...
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM: Saturday, March 28 @8PM
- LeaseLab invites playwrights to work collaborative...
- GI60 one-minute play festival
- Theatre Southwest Festival of Originals
- FADE TO BLACK PLAY FESTIVAL seeks 10-minute plays
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre radio play submission gui...
- Script Match database
- SEEKING SUBMISSIONS- NEW WORKS AND WRITERS FOR UNM...
- Moonlit Wings seeks plays for young audiences
- McKinney Repertory Theatre (MRT) 5th Annual MRT Ne...
- The Franklin Furnace Fund Application 2015-2016
- Deadline Extended to May 1st Piney Fork Press/Equ...
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- PRINCESS GRACE AWARDS PLAYWRITING FELLOWSHIP
- Free theater in San Diego: SISTERS IN THE SYSTEM
- Slingshot New Works Series Season 2 Episode 2: 'Sc...
- Chagrin Valley Little Theatre 10-10 Festival
- Theatre Conspiracy New Play Contest
- Pride Films and Plays: Call for Sapphic Scripts
- Opera script writer wanted
- Vignettes for the Apocalypse
- THE SEVEN - FUSION's 10th annual short works festi...
- Submission Call from Theatre Nova in Ann Arbor
- FREE THEATER IN NYC: SHAME by Sholeh Wolpé, a read...
- Cupcake Lady Productions seeks bad plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Seeing Place submission guidelines
- MadLab Theater seeks full-length plays
- Backwell Playhouse seeks radio plays
- The Puzzle is looking for 10-minute plays
- Call for Submissions for Theatre@First's Eighth An...
- Studio C Artists seeks one acts
- Gulfport Community Players (Gulfport, Florida) see...
- Accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s M...
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Company Development Lab
- Free theater in Chicago: INSERT HEART HERE
- Free theater: RED WINE IN PAPER CUPS
- Free theater: WOMAN at the Countee Cullen NYCPL
- The Collective NY seeks submissions for the third ...
- Applause Theatre & Cinema Books is looking for mat...
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre accepts script submission...
- HBO Seeks Diverse, Emerging Writers for HBOAccess ...
- ▼ March (46)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)