SEEKING SUBMISSIONS- NEW WORKS AND WRITERS FOR UNMASKED THEATRE COMPANY, a non-profit musical theatre company for social change.
Who should submit?
Both established and emerging writers with passion, drive, and commitment. We are seeking works fully or nearly at completion to be workshopped and produced in October, Fall 2015. We are also seeking an playwright in residence to work with us on further developing past works and continuing to develop new work.
What should I submit?
Any and all content that fits our mission statement:
Unmasked Theatre Company's current focus and mission is to de-stigmatize mental illness in our society. Unmasked uses musical theatre to promote social change as we believe the added elements of song and dance in musical theatre can reach people on a different and unique emotional level. We will utilize this to create discussion between people on their individual opinions, which will eventually expand to changing societal opinions on pivotal issues. The particular issues Unmasked will address are gender inequality, mental illness stigma, and class/racial inequality and mobility.
What materials should I submit?
1. A cover letter introducing yourself and the piece, complete with name, phone number, and email address.
2. A complete script of the piece
3. A demo of the score (if it is a musical)
4. If interested in the playwright in residence position- please also submit a resume and 2 references with contact information.
Where should I send my materials?
Please send cover letter, resume and references (if applicable), and script materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to email us with any additional questions you may have.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Monday, March 23, 2015
- ► 2017 (594)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Rover Seconds
- Landmark 2015 seeks 10-minute plays
- ROM COM CONGRATULATIONS!
- Seeking never produced before original short 1 ACT...
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM: Saturday, March 28 @8PM
- LeaseLab invites playwrights to work collaborative...
- GI60 one-minute play festival
- Theatre Southwest Festival of Originals
- FADE TO BLACK PLAY FESTIVAL seeks 10-minute plays
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre radio play submission gui...
- Script Match database
- SEEKING SUBMISSIONS- NEW WORKS AND WRITERS FOR UNM...
- Moonlit Wings seeks plays for young audiences
- McKinney Repertory Theatre (MRT) 5th Annual MRT Ne...
- The Franklin Furnace Fund Application 2015-2016
- Deadline Extended to May 1st Piney Fork Press/Equ...
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- PRINCESS GRACE AWARDS PLAYWRITING FELLOWSHIP
- Free theater in San Diego: SISTERS IN THE SYSTEM
- Slingshot New Works Series Season 2 Episode 2: 'Sc...
- Chagrin Valley Little Theatre 10-10 Festival
- Theatre Conspiracy New Play Contest
- Pride Films and Plays: Call for Sapphic Scripts
- Opera script writer wanted
- Vignettes for the Apocalypse
- THE SEVEN - FUSION's 10th annual short works festi...
- Submission Call from Theatre Nova in Ann Arbor
- FREE THEATER IN NYC: SHAME by Sholeh Wolpé, a read...
- Cupcake Lady Productions seeks bad plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Seeing Place submission guidelines
- MadLab Theater seeks full-length plays
- Backwell Playhouse seeks radio plays
- The Puzzle is looking for 10-minute plays
- Call for Submissions for Theatre@First's Eighth An...
- Studio C Artists seeks one acts
- Gulfport Community Players (Gulfport, Florida) see...
- Accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s M...
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Company Development Lab
- Free theater in Chicago: INSERT HEART HERE
- Free theater: RED WINE IN PAPER CUPS
- Free theater: WOMAN at the Countee Cullen NYCPL
- The Collective NY seeks submissions for the third ...
- Applause Theatre & Cinema Books is looking for mat...
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre accepts script submission...
- HBO Seeks Diverse, Emerging Writers for HBOAccess ...
- ▼ March (46)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)