The Slingshot New Works Series is proud to announce that we are officially OPEN for submissions for Season 2 Episode 2: 'Sci-fi'! We are looking for short plays that are sci-fi themed for an evening of high-quality staged readings in May at the Spitfire in Seattle.
Submission guidelines are as follows
--please be sure to follow all criteria in order to have your play considered!
1. All scripts must feature a “sci-fi” theme/element-
...how you interpret that is up to you!
2. All scripts must be 20 pages or less (no min. page count), not counting your title/character breakdown page.
3. All scripts must be your own original work (parodies are great, not plagiarism.)
4. All scripts must be unpublished and previously unperformed--we're all about totally new works here at The Slingshot New Works Series.
5. All scripts must be blinded - be sure to remove your name from any part of your script (title page, page margins, and file extension alike) and submit them alongside a separate document containing your name and contact info.
- Any plays that are not blinded will be automatically disqualified.
- You will retain all copyright to any work you send us- but the reading committee will only be given the blinded scripts, in order to assure no internal biases or unfair advantages.
7. Email both your play and your cover sheet to Roland via email@example.com;
DO NOT SEND YOUR PLAYS TO STAGEright'S MAIN SUBMISSIONS EMAIL
8. Submissions are due by 11:59PM on March 30th.
8. PDF or DOC(x) submissions are preferred; contact Roland if you will need to submit in an
alternative format and we'll work something out.
Playwrights at any level of experience are encouraged to submit, as are playwrights from around the world!
Chosen writers will be contacted by April 7.
Please feel free to email us if you have any questions!
We can't wait to hear from you all!
Kiki Penoyer, Literary Manager
The Slingshot New Works Series (a STAGEright Program)