SUBMISSION FEE WAIVER: anyone who can prove they are a member of the Dramatist Guild will receive a code that will waive the submission fee.
The Collective assumes all rehearsal, production and publication expenses, the writers retain all rights to their plays.
The Collective NY seeks submissions for the third annual Collective:10. Original 10-minute plays will be selected to premiere in a fully produced Fall run at a prominent Manhattan venue and published in The Collective:10 Play Anthology, Vol. 3.
Plays should engage truthful and behavior-driven storytelling. We are seeking new plays that have not been produced or published, nor planned for production or publication, prior to submission. Read the complete submission guidelines.
For more information on The Collective's mission click here.
The Collective:10, with its inaugural production in October 2013 followed by the second annual production in 2014, had sold out runs at The McGinn/Cazale Theatre and Teatro Círculo, respectively, and included guest directors Elizabeth Kemp, Jacqueline Knapp, Ellen Burstyn, Susan Aston, Greg Naughton and Eddie Kaye Thomas. Both volumes of the published Anthology launched with capacity events at the renowned Drama Book Shop in New York City and continue to be bestsellers at the store. The anthologies are also sold worldwide on Amazon.
TO REGISTER: There is a $10 registration fee per submission. Simply click "NEXT STEP" below, complete the form and make your payment. (If you plan to submit more than one play, you must register each play separately, and receive an unique order number.) An order confirmation email will be sent to you with details for submitting your play. Registration deadline is 11:59pm on MARCH 17, 2015.
About The Collective
The Collective unites professional artists who share a responsibility to create work in the contemporary American Theatre that is emotionally truthful, socially relevant, and defiantly accessible. Modeled after the Group Theatre, The Collective was founded in 2007 by graduates of the William Esper Studio, and as a not-for-profit company develops and produces original work for stage and screen. Recent productions have included a revival of Frank McGuinness's Someone Who'll Watch Over Me, the Collective:10 festivals, the independent film TURTLEFACE and television series Inside Amy Schumer.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Friday, March 6, 2015
- ► 2017 (598)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Rover Seconds
- Landmark 2015 seeks 10-minute plays
- ROM COM CONGRATULATIONS!
- Seeking never produced before original short 1 ACT...
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM: Saturday, March 28 @8PM
- LeaseLab invites playwrights to work collaborative...
- GI60 one-minute play festival
- Theatre Southwest Festival of Originals
- FADE TO BLACK PLAY FESTIVAL seeks 10-minute plays
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre radio play submission gui...
- Script Match database
- SEEKING SUBMISSIONS- NEW WORKS AND WRITERS FOR UNM...
- Moonlit Wings seeks plays for young audiences
- McKinney Repertory Theatre (MRT) 5th Annual MRT Ne...
- The Franklin Furnace Fund Application 2015-2016
- Deadline Extended to May 1st Piney Fork Press/Equ...
- Exquisite Corpse Company is seeking playwrights fo...
- PRINCESS GRACE AWARDS PLAYWRITING FELLOWSHIP
- Free theater in San Diego: SISTERS IN THE SYSTEM
- Slingshot New Works Series Season 2 Episode 2: 'Sc...
- Chagrin Valley Little Theatre 10-10 Festival
- Theatre Conspiracy New Play Contest
- Pride Films and Plays: Call for Sapphic Scripts
- Opera script writer wanted
- Vignettes for the Apocalypse
- THE SEVEN - FUSION's 10th annual short works festi...
- Submission Call from Theatre Nova in Ann Arbor
- FREE THEATER IN NYC: SHAME by Sholeh Wolpé, a read...
- Cupcake Lady Productions seeks bad plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Seeing Place submission guidelines
- MadLab Theater seeks full-length plays
- Backwell Playhouse seeks radio plays
- The Puzzle is looking for 10-minute plays
- Call for Submissions for Theatre@First's Eighth An...
- Studio C Artists seeks one acts
- Gulfport Community Players (Gulfport, Florida) see...
- Accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s M...
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Company Development Lab
- Free theater in Chicago: INSERT HEART HERE
- Free theater: RED WINE IN PAPER CUPS
- Free theater: WOMAN at the Countee Cullen NYCPL
- The Collective NY seeks submissions for the third ...
- Applause Theatre & Cinema Books is looking for mat...
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre accepts script submission...
- HBO Seeks Diverse, Emerging Writers for HBOAccess ...
- ▼ March (46)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)