The 2015 Rockford New Play Festival selection committee is seeking new ten minute plays. 4 – 6 scripts will be chosen as official selections of the festival and presented in an evening of staged readings in Rockford, Illinois during the weekend of August 22 & 23, 2015.
Now in its second year, the Rockford New Play Festival hopes to present scripts of local writers alongside the work of writers from around the nation and beyond. Last year’s festival featured writers from Rockford, Chicago, New York and Georgia.
Submissions will be accepted through May 15th, 2015.
- Plays of all genres and styles are welcome. We would love to see the play that speaks to where your mind and heart are right now. We encourage you to be bold, passionate, humorous and, most importantly, yourself.
- Submission Deadline: Friday May 15, 2015. (11:59 PM, PST)
- Length: The body of the script must be no more than ten (10) pages long. This does not include title page and character breakdown/setting page.
- Format: Please submit your script as a PDF file in Standard Play Format:
- Font: 12pt Times New Roman (or similar) typeface
- Title Page: play title + playwright’s name + contact info
- Character Breakdown/Setting Page
- Page Numbering: Pages are numbered in the upper right hand corner starting with the number “1” on the first page of dialogue/action
- Margins: 1 inch (top, bottom, left, right)
- Character Names: Capitalized
- Dialogue: Begins on the line below the character name
- Stage Directions: Start at or near the center of the page
- Only one play may be submitted per writer.
- Plays submitted to The Rockford New Play Festival in previous years will not be considered.
- Plays must be submitted electronically through the online form below. Email or USPS submissions will not be accepted.
- Language: Plays must be written for English speaking audiences.