We’re looking for smart, creative, research-savvy, and collaborative artists from diverse theatrical disciplines to join our R&D Team to help build our next show based on verbatim interviews.
ABOUT LIFE JACKET
We create smart, original, and unpredictable theatre. We produce investigative works based on real-life stories, often engaging with the people whose stories we tell. We experiment with new theatrical languages and forms in pursuit of visually inventive and lyrically rich works. To learn more, visit: www.LifeJacketTheatre.org
The R&D Team will conduct multiples avenues of creative investigative research (interviews, found text analysis, community engagement, excavation of other archival artifacts, or other experimental methods of inquiry) to explore the many facets and perspectives of our new show. The team will transform their research into a rich and multifaceted tapestry of diverse theatrical moments (e.g., monologues, duologues, songs, dance/movement pieces, and visual art), leading to a blend of stage performance, text, video, sound and architecture.
May 2015: Topic Selection Meetings (2 half days)
June 2015: Field Research Training (1 full day)
July 2015: Work-in-Progress Showings (1 full day)
August 2015: Work-in-Progress Showings (1 full day)
September 2015: Work-in-Progress Showings (1 full day), Script Finalization (2 full days), Rehearsals & Performances (7 full days)
*Also, Team Members will spend a great deal of time conducting research and crafting moments on their own.
We are looking for fierce artists who are savvy communicators, forward thinking, and fluent in one or more performative disciplines (text, movement, and/or song). Qualified candidates will be skillful at in-depth field research, using research findings to produce innovative theatrical works, and working and thinking independently and collaboratively.
Please email the following to info@LifeJacketTheatre.org: (1) your resume; (2) 2-5 show ideas that you might pitch to the rest of the R&D Team; (3) 1-3 video links of work samples posted on www.youtube.com or www.vimeo.com. Desired length for each video is 2-10 MIN (please note a starting point if a video exceeds this timeframe). We prefer to see a few complete in-depth scenes of your work versus press reel or snippets of your portfolio.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (594)
- ► 2016 (514)
- May Short Play Lab:
- CALL FOR SCRIPTS: RE-INVENTING FAMILY
- ECHOES OF... A 10-MINUTE PLAY FESTIVAL
- THE FIRST DRAFT at Primary Stages ESPA
- On the Edge: A Festival of New Plays.
- Visiting Playwright Series
- Arch and Bruce Brown Foundation 2015 Playwriting C...
- Wanted: 8 minute plays about Showbiz
- 2015 Rockford New Play Festival
- 3rd Annual Illinois High School 10-Minute Play Fes...
- Athena Theatre Guidelines for Playwright Submissio...
- Studio Players 2nd Annual 10-Minute Play Festival,...
- Fourth Annual Playwrights CageMatch
- Broadway Rose Theater Company submission guideline...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle's 16th Annual New Pla...
- Summer Playwriting Classes at ESPA!
- The Bellagio Center Resident Fellows Program
- Salute Your Shorts: A Night of One-Acts
- CALL FOR R&D TEAM MEMBERS - LIFE JACKET THEATRE CO...
- The Playwrights Realm Writing Fellowship
- Hit & Run IX call for 10-minute plays
- The Monthly Question reading series
- 15th and FINAL SKETCHBOOK Festival
- I AM SOUL - PLAYWRIGHT RESIDENCY FOR BLACK PLAYWRI...
- 8x10 Play Festival
- Molotov Theatre Group Call for New Scripts for 201...
- The Players Theatre Short Play Festival - NYC
- Submissions invited for the “8 in 48” Idaho Short ...
- March Forth Summer Reading Salon
- MRTʼs SUMMER ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION 2015
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM - video excerpts
- RADD Theatre Co is looking for playwrights
- The Secret Theater’s Flying Solo 2 Festival
- Night of New Works Script Submissions
- Nick Darke Award
- One Acts and Snacks Submissions
- Emerging Playwrights Contest
- Ticket discount/ticket give-away for SHE CALLS ME ...
- Ticket discount/ticket give-away for CLINTON: THE ...
- Open Bar Theatricals fellowship
- Door is a Jar seeks submissions for fall issue
- Mixed Blood submission guidelines
- 5th Annual Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- Undiscovered Countries call for submissions
- April SPL: 10 minute plays
- VARIATIONS THEATRE GROUP’S CALL FOR PLAYS
- Playwrights Horizons submission guidelines
- ▼ April (47)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)