The Douglas Morrisson Theatre in Hayward is accepting submissions for its Fourth Annual Playwrights CageMatch. Our CageMatch is a chance for playwrights to show their stuff in an audience-decided live competition.
Five Playwrights enter but only one will emerge victorious. Grand prize for the chosen script.
We are seeking brief scenes (5-20 minutes) which conform to the limitations of the competition. DMT staff will select the top five submissions. Each of the final scripts will get one rehearsal with the same director and company of actors. On June 15, 2015, the five scenes will be performed at a live staged reading event at the Douglas Morrisson Theatre. The audience will vote by token to determine the winner!
Our theme this year is: ON THE BOARDWALK. The setting is a carnival or amusement park with a boardwalk in any beach-town. Time period is not restricted. Please limit your scenes to no more than four characters. We’re looking for creative and elegant back-stories that incorporate the setting into the scenes. Tone, theme or genre is up to you! Atlantic City, Coney Island, Venice Beach or somewhere else on the planet … or beyond? Anything can happen at the carnival.
Admission to the performance is free, but a token to vote for the winner is $5.
Deadline for CageMatch submissions sent via e-mail is May 15, 2015; post-mark deadline, if mailed, is May 10, 2015.
Submissions can be e-mailed in *.doc or *.pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Douglas Morrisson Theatre ATTN: Susan E. Evans c/o H.A.R.D., 1099 E St., Hayward, CA 94541
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- May Short Play Lab:
- CALL FOR SCRIPTS: RE-INVENTING FAMILY
- ECHOES OF... A 10-MINUTE PLAY FESTIVAL
- THE FIRST DRAFT at Primary Stages ESPA
- On the Edge: A Festival of New Plays.
- Visiting Playwright Series
- Arch and Bruce Brown Foundation 2015 Playwriting C...
- Wanted: 8 minute plays about Showbiz
- 2015 Rockford New Play Festival
- 3rd Annual Illinois High School 10-Minute Play Fes...
- Athena Theatre Guidelines for Playwright Submissio...
- Studio Players 2nd Annual 10-Minute Play Festival,...
- Fourth Annual Playwrights CageMatch
- Broadway Rose Theater Company submission guideline...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle's 16th Annual New Pla...
- Summer Playwriting Classes at ESPA!
- The Bellagio Center Resident Fellows Program
- Salute Your Shorts: A Night of One-Acts
- CALL FOR R&D TEAM MEMBERS - LIFE JACKET THEATRE CO...
- The Playwrights Realm Writing Fellowship
- Hit & Run IX call for 10-minute plays
- The Monthly Question reading series
- 15th and FINAL SKETCHBOOK Festival
- I AM SOUL - PLAYWRIGHT RESIDENCY FOR BLACK PLAYWRI...
- 8x10 Play Festival
- Molotov Theatre Group Call for New Scripts for 201...
- The Players Theatre Short Play Festival - NYC
- Submissions invited for the “8 in 48” Idaho Short ...
- March Forth Summer Reading Salon
- MRTʼs SUMMER ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION 2015
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM - video excerpts
- RADD Theatre Co is looking for playwrights
- The Secret Theater’s Flying Solo 2 Festival
- Night of New Works Script Submissions
- Nick Darke Award
- One Acts and Snacks Submissions
- Emerging Playwrights Contest
- Ticket discount/ticket give-away for SHE CALLS ME ...
- Ticket discount/ticket give-away for CLINTON: THE ...
- Open Bar Theatricals fellowship
- Door is a Jar seeks submissions for fall issue
- Mixed Blood submission guidelines
- 5th Annual Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- Undiscovered Countries call for submissions
- April SPL: 10 minute plays
- VARIATIONS THEATRE GROUP’S CALL FOR PLAYS
- Playwrights Horizons submission guidelines
- ▼ April (47)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)