DR. BARBARA ANN TEER’S NATIONAL BLACK THEATRE THEATRE ARTS PROGRAM 2016-2017 I AM SOUL - PLAYWRIGHT RESIDENCY FOR BLACK PLAYWRIGHTS
FINAL APPLICATION DUE MAY 1, 2015 at 11:59pm
The I AM SOUL - PLAYWRIGHT RESIDENCY is available to Black playwrights, 21 years of age or older, who are citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
• Students in K-12 educational programs or enrolled in undergraduate and graduate degree programs are not eligible.
• The resident playwright commits to spending the 18-month residency period in New York City actively participating in the National Black Theatre community.
• The resident playwright commits to completing one full-length work, which will receive a workshop production at the National Black Theatre in the 2016-2017 season.
• The residency period begins September 1, 2015 and ends March 31, 2017. All residency requirements must be met during that time.
• Work in partnership with NBT to curate a Playwright’s Workshop and/or Symposium open for the community to participate in.
• The selected playwright is required to serve on the Selection Committee for the 2016- 2017 I AM SOUL - PLAYWRIGHTS RESIDENCY.
• Playwrights may not receive more than one residency at NBT through this program. SELECTION Applications are screened for eligibility by the National Black Theatre and evaluated by a selection committee of professional theater artists; The National Black Theatre’s Chief Executive Officer and Director of Theatre Arts Program will evaluate the finalist applications and will schedule interviews with all finalist. Selection is based on commitment, proven talent and artistic potential. The selection process is guided by the National Black Theatre’s mission statement.
TO APPLY: Using the subject line I AM SOUL - PLAYWRIGHTS RESIDENCY email to firstname.lastname@example.org a single document in PDF, containing the following elements, arranged in this sequence:
1. AN APPLICATION COVER SHEET with the following information presented in clear format: NAME COMPLETE MAILING ADDRESS HOME PHONE, OTHER PHONE EMAIL ADDRESS PLAY TITLE PLAY SYNOPSIS If you are represented by an agent please make us aware and let us know who that agency is
2. A WRITING SAMPLE: One full-length play that is at least 50 pages in length and has been written only by the applicant (no co-written submissions will be accepted). Please identify 20 pages that you would like for the panelist to read.. These pages will be read first by the panelist. The submitted script must be a complete draft that represents your best playwriting.
3. A PLAYWRITING RESUME [listing all readings, productions, awards, commissions, etc.]
4. If Playwright is chosen as a finalist they will be asked to submit a one page single spaced proposal outlining ideas, story and/or subject matter they would want to focus their residency on creating. This must be a new play.
Name the application packet file with your last name [Example: application packet sent by Jane Smith = Smith.pdf) o [lastname].pdf [for PDF files]
Email your application packet by May 1, 2015 at 11:59 pm.
No late applications will be accepted. Receipt of application materials will be confirmed via email.
DEADLINE & IMPORTANT DATES Applications must be received by: May 1, 2015 at 11:59 pm Finalists will be notified on: June 15, 2015 Recipient will be notified on: July 10, 2015 The residency year is: September 1, 2015 - March 31, 2017 QUESTIONS
Contact: NBT Literary Team email@example.com cc: firstname.lastname@example.org 4
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (594)
- ► 2016 (514)
- May Short Play Lab:
- CALL FOR SCRIPTS: RE-INVENTING FAMILY
- ECHOES OF... A 10-MINUTE PLAY FESTIVAL
- THE FIRST DRAFT at Primary Stages ESPA
- On the Edge: A Festival of New Plays.
- Visiting Playwright Series
- Arch and Bruce Brown Foundation 2015 Playwriting C...
- Wanted: 8 minute plays about Showbiz
- 2015 Rockford New Play Festival
- 3rd Annual Illinois High School 10-Minute Play Fes...
- Athena Theatre Guidelines for Playwright Submissio...
- Studio Players 2nd Annual 10-Minute Play Festival,...
- Fourth Annual Playwrights CageMatch
- Broadway Rose Theater Company submission guideline...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle's 16th Annual New Pla...
- Summer Playwriting Classes at ESPA!
- The Bellagio Center Resident Fellows Program
- Salute Your Shorts: A Night of One-Acts
- CALL FOR R&D TEAM MEMBERS - LIFE JACKET THEATRE CO...
- The Playwrights Realm Writing Fellowship
- Hit & Run IX call for 10-minute plays
- The Monthly Question reading series
- 15th and FINAL SKETCHBOOK Festival
- I AM SOUL - PLAYWRIGHT RESIDENCY FOR BLACK PLAYWRI...
- 8x10 Play Festival
- Molotov Theatre Group Call for New Scripts for 201...
- The Players Theatre Short Play Festival - NYC
- Submissions invited for the “8 in 48” Idaho Short ...
- March Forth Summer Reading Salon
- MRTʼs SUMMER ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION 2015
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM - video excerpts
- RADD Theatre Co is looking for playwrights
- The Secret Theater’s Flying Solo 2 Festival
- Night of New Works Script Submissions
- Nick Darke Award
- One Acts and Snacks Submissions
- Emerging Playwrights Contest
- Ticket discount/ticket give-away for SHE CALLS ME ...
- Ticket discount/ticket give-away for CLINTON: THE ...
- Open Bar Theatricals fellowship
- Door is a Jar seeks submissions for fall issue
- Mixed Blood submission guidelines
- 5th Annual Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- Undiscovered Countries call for submissions
- April SPL: 10 minute plays
- VARIATIONS THEATRE GROUP’S CALL FOR PLAYS
- Playwrights Horizons submission guidelines
- ▼ April (47)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)