March Forth Productions
Description: Announcing the Second Annual March Forth Summer Salon!
We here at March Forth love good stories, and without writers… well we don’t have many good stories, now do we? That is why this summer we are once again providing writers with a chance to have their work read and shared informally in an environment that will promote collaboration, thoughtful feedback and the building of our artistic community.
Following the huge success of our inaugural season, we are proud to announce our second season of Summer Reading Salons. Each Monday in July we will gather writers, actors, directors and dramaturgs to read a new play along with the playwright. We'll have a glass or two of wine, discuss what we’ve just experienced, and address any questions or concerns the playwright might have. This is a perfect opportunity for early-career writers or seasoned veterans looking for a supportive arena to try out their newest venture!
Summer Salon Guidelines -
- Full Length, original plays only (no musicals)
- Play must be complete at the time of submission. Revisions to submitted scripts are allowed, however incomplete texts will not be considered.
- Playwright must be able to attend the Salon (July 6th, 13th, 20th or 27th)
- All submissions materials must be provided in PDF format
- Multiple submissions accepted, however only one slot will be awarded per playwright
- Preference will be given to plays that stretch the bounds of theatrical storytelling
To be considered for our Summer Salon, please send a resume, synopsis, character breakdown and ten-page sample of the play you wish to submit toMarchForthSubmissions@gmail.com by May 4th. Please note in the body of your email which Salon date(s) you are available for.
Writers whose work is selected for further review will be asked to submit their full script no later than May 18th. Final selections will be made by June 1st.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- May Short Play Lab:
- CALL FOR SCRIPTS: RE-INVENTING FAMILY
- ECHOES OF... A 10-MINUTE PLAY FESTIVAL
- THE FIRST DRAFT at Primary Stages ESPA
- On the Edge: A Festival of New Plays.
- Visiting Playwright Series
- Arch and Bruce Brown Foundation 2015 Playwriting C...
- Wanted: 8 minute plays about Showbiz
- 2015 Rockford New Play Festival
- 3rd Annual Illinois High School 10-Minute Play Fes...
- Athena Theatre Guidelines for Playwright Submissio...
- Studio Players 2nd Annual 10-Minute Play Festival,...
- Fourth Annual Playwrights CageMatch
- Broadway Rose Theater Company submission guideline...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle's 16th Annual New Pla...
- Summer Playwriting Classes at ESPA!
- The Bellagio Center Resident Fellows Program
- Salute Your Shorts: A Night of One-Acts
- CALL FOR R&D TEAM MEMBERS - LIFE JACKET THEATRE CO...
- The Playwrights Realm Writing Fellowship
- Hit & Run IX call for 10-minute plays
- The Monthly Question reading series
- 15th and FINAL SKETCHBOOK Festival
- I AM SOUL - PLAYWRIGHT RESIDENCY FOR BLACK PLAYWRI...
- 8x10 Play Festival
- Molotov Theatre Group Call for New Scripts for 201...
- The Players Theatre Short Play Festival - NYC
- Submissions invited for the “8 in 48” Idaho Short ...
- March Forth Summer Reading Salon
- MRTʼs SUMMER ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION 2015
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM - video excerpts
- RADD Theatre Co is looking for playwrights
- The Secret Theater’s Flying Solo 2 Festival
- Night of New Works Script Submissions
- Nick Darke Award
- One Acts and Snacks Submissions
- Emerging Playwrights Contest
- Ticket discount/ticket give-away for SHE CALLS ME ...
- Ticket discount/ticket give-away for CLINTON: THE ...
- Open Bar Theatricals fellowship
- Door is a Jar seeks submissions for fall issue
- Mixed Blood submission guidelines
- 5th Annual Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- Undiscovered Countries call for submissions
- April SPL: 10 minute plays
- VARIATIONS THEATRE GROUP’S CALL FOR PLAYS
- Playwrights Horizons submission guidelines
- ▼ April (47)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)