Seeking fully produced one act plays (cast, directed and ready to perform) 7 minutes to 20 minutes in length for
June 10 - July 1, 2015
at Manhattan Rep, 303 W.42nd St.
$1000 PRIZE for BEST PLAY!!!
EACH PLAY WILL BE GIVEN A MINIMUM OF 4 PERFORMANCES,
(And an additional 4 performances if the play goes on to the FINALS - June 30 and July 1, 2015.)
To submit your one act play production please email:
The complete play,
a synopsis of the play,
the character breakdown,
the running time of the play,
the set and lighting requirements,
the playʼs production history (if it has been produced before and where)
your mailing address,
and a creative team leader contact email address to:
by FRIDAY May 1, 2015 at Midnight.
Please put “Summer One Act Competition” in the subject heading.
We will contact you within a week as to your acceptance.
Plays that we love will be accepted on a First-Come First-Served basis.
The earlier you submit the better chances you have of being accepted for we may end submissions before May 1, 2015, if we fill up all available performance slots
There is no submission fee. NON-EQUITY ONLY.
Each play will be given a MINIMUM of FOUR performances, with 4 more performances if the play moves on to the finals. We will supply a technician to run the sound and lights.
Once accepted, there will be a $150.00 participation fee.
There will be NO additional security fees or Manhattan Repertory Theatre based production fees.
For more information log on to: www.manhattanrep.com
Summer One Act Play Competition 2015 Guidelines
MANHATTAN REPERTORY THEATRE WILL PROVIDE FOR EACH PRODUCTION:
46 seat theatre space for at least 4 performances - 3 more if you move on to finals etc
A technician to run your sound and lights
1 Tech rehearsal in the theatre with our technician
1 Full Dress rehearsal with all of the teams in your performance series in the theatre
Our stock furniture for your show
Web flyers with all the information about your show and the shows in your performance series for you to email to all.
Web site support.
Theatre production consultation
Reservation Service, House management and Box Office
An 8 dimmer lighting board with 16 instruments
A 4 speaker surround sound system
A 5 CD changer with support for IPOD, IPHONE, IPAD, PHONE etc and Laptop
Clean, organized dressing room
A SOUND AND LIGHT TECHNICIAN TO RUN YOUR SHOW
EACH PRODUCTION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Casting the production
Directing the production
Outside rehearsal space (if you need it.)
Program design and 300 copies of their program
All other miscellaneous production costs – costumes, props, etc.
Inviting friends and family.
All participants must be NON-UNION
There is NO PAY (unless you win the $1000 cash prize.)
Please do not submit MUSICALS unless staged with pre-recorded music.
(We have no room for an orchestra.)
All Productions must run between 7 minutes and 20 minutes with simple sets which can be easily struck.
NO SMOKING in the play!
No LIGHTING OF ANYTHING! (Candles, cigarettes, etc.)
No FURNITURE is to be brought into the theatre for any reason.
We supply more than enough stock furniture for any show.
All props and costumes must be brought in and out of the theatre each night for, regretfully, we do not have space to store for all the plays participating.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- May Short Play Lab:
- CALL FOR SCRIPTS: RE-INVENTING FAMILY
- ECHOES OF... A 10-MINUTE PLAY FESTIVAL
- THE FIRST DRAFT at Primary Stages ESPA
- On the Edge: A Festival of New Plays.
- Visiting Playwright Series
- Arch and Bruce Brown Foundation 2015 Playwriting C...
- Wanted: 8 minute plays about Showbiz
- 2015 Rockford New Play Festival
- 3rd Annual Illinois High School 10-Minute Play Fes...
- Athena Theatre Guidelines for Playwright Submissio...
- Studio Players 2nd Annual 10-Minute Play Festival,...
- Fourth Annual Playwrights CageMatch
- Broadway Rose Theater Company submission guideline...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle's 16th Annual New Pla...
- Summer Playwriting Classes at ESPA!
- The Bellagio Center Resident Fellows Program
- Salute Your Shorts: A Night of One-Acts
- CALL FOR R&D TEAM MEMBERS - LIFE JACKET THEATRE CO...
- The Playwrights Realm Writing Fellowship
- Hit & Run IX call for 10-minute plays
- The Monthly Question reading series
- 15th and FINAL SKETCHBOOK Festival
- I AM SOUL - PLAYWRIGHT RESIDENCY FOR BLACK PLAYWRI...
- 8x10 Play Festival
- Molotov Theatre Group Call for New Scripts for 201...
- The Players Theatre Short Play Festival - NYC
- Submissions invited for the “8 in 48” Idaho Short ...
- March Forth Summer Reading Salon
- MRTʼs SUMMER ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION 2015
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM - video excerpts
- RADD Theatre Co is looking for playwrights
- The Secret Theater’s Flying Solo 2 Festival
- Night of New Works Script Submissions
- Nick Darke Award
- One Acts and Snacks Submissions
- Emerging Playwrights Contest
- Ticket discount/ticket give-away for SHE CALLS ME ...
- Ticket discount/ticket give-away for CLINTON: THE ...
- Open Bar Theatricals fellowship
- Door is a Jar seeks submissions for fall issue
- Mixed Blood submission guidelines
- 5th Annual Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- Undiscovered Countries call for submissions
- April SPL: 10 minute plays
- VARIATIONS THEATRE GROUP’S CALL FOR PLAYS
- Playwrights Horizons submission guidelines
- ▼ April (47)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)