Studio Players, Kentucky’s Oldest Community-Involved Theater, located in Lexington, is proud to announce their 2nd Annual 10-Minute Play Festival, to be performed in August 2015. The response last year was so positive, we are adding a second week of performances. We are looking for 7 strong, entertaining plays to feature so, once again, we are holding a competition. This competition is for 10-minute plays only; it is open to any playwright. The judges will be members of the Studio Players theater community: board members, directors and patrons. The rules are simple and are as follows:
1. Any playwright may enter; only one script per playwright.
2. The play must be a 10 minute play (meaning it will be approximately 10 pages long).
3. All plays should be emailed, with a separate cover page, with: play's title, author's name, email address, mailing address and phone number. The play itself should only have the title; no identifying information contained in or on the 10 page script.
4. To be considered, each script must be received by May 10th.
5. The contest is open to the first 150 entries received.
6. Winning entrants agree to a full production of their scripts.
That's it! The top 7 scripts (as determined by the judges) will be performed by active members of the Bluegrass theater community. Each play will be a fully realized, staged production; each performance showing all winning scripts. The 7 Selected playwrights will each receive $150 in prize money.
All entries should be sent to: email@example.com with "10-min play fest" in the header.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Friday, April 24, 2015
- ► 2017 (597)
- ► 2016 (514)
- May Short Play Lab:
- CALL FOR SCRIPTS: RE-INVENTING FAMILY
- ECHOES OF... A 10-MINUTE PLAY FESTIVAL
- THE FIRST DRAFT at Primary Stages ESPA
- On the Edge: A Festival of New Plays.
- Visiting Playwright Series
- Arch and Bruce Brown Foundation 2015 Playwriting C...
- Wanted: 8 minute plays about Showbiz
- 2015 Rockford New Play Festival
- 3rd Annual Illinois High School 10-Minute Play Fes...
- Athena Theatre Guidelines for Playwright Submissio...
- Studio Players 2nd Annual 10-Minute Play Festival,...
- Fourth Annual Playwrights CageMatch
- Broadway Rose Theater Company submission guideline...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle's 16th Annual New Pla...
- Summer Playwriting Classes at ESPA!
- The Bellagio Center Resident Fellows Program
- Salute Your Shorts: A Night of One-Acts
- CALL FOR R&D TEAM MEMBERS - LIFE JACKET THEATRE CO...
- The Playwrights Realm Writing Fellowship
- Hit & Run IX call for 10-minute plays
- The Monthly Question reading series
- 15th and FINAL SKETCHBOOK Festival
- I AM SOUL - PLAYWRIGHT RESIDENCY FOR BLACK PLAYWRI...
- 8x10 Play Festival
- Molotov Theatre Group Call for New Scripts for 201...
- The Players Theatre Short Play Festival - NYC
- Submissions invited for the “8 in 48” Idaho Short ...
- March Forth Summer Reading Salon
- MRTʼs SUMMER ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION 2015
- TAKE BACK THE ROM COM - video excerpts
- RADD Theatre Co is looking for playwrights
- The Secret Theater’s Flying Solo 2 Festival
- Night of New Works Script Submissions
- Nick Darke Award
- One Acts and Snacks Submissions
- Emerging Playwrights Contest
- Ticket discount/ticket give-away for SHE CALLS ME ...
- Ticket discount/ticket give-away for CLINTON: THE ...
- Open Bar Theatricals fellowship
- Door is a Jar seeks submissions for fall issue
- Mixed Blood submission guidelines
- 5th Annual Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- Undiscovered Countries call for submissions
- April SPL: 10 minute plays
- VARIATIONS THEATRE GROUP’S CALL FOR PLAYS
- Playwrights Horizons submission guidelines
- ▼ April (47)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)